Top 5 MLB Ballparks

• Start date
  • Replies 42 Comments
  • Views 3,240 Views
AT&T
PNC
Fenway (it's one fucking game not season tickets). You're going for the experience not comfort.
Wrigley (see Fenway)

For the 5th, you can be a goob and select another retro looking park or you can go see the future at Marlins Park

www.marlinsballpark.com

You're welcome

Get the Pan con lechon with a Presidente. Clevelander downstairs for post game drinks and the hot ass and that.
This is 100% true. If you're a baseball fan, you must visit Fenway at least once. But as someone who has attended over 100 games there, I want a new foking ballpark goddamnit. :megaman:

Yeah, Fenway is fokken magical. I've only been in 4 parks so far but it was by far the best all-American experience.

i've been too:

coors field x100's
fenway x1
wrigley x1
and mile high stadium now that was not a good place to play baseball

We've been to

Old Yankee stadium x10
Shea x5
Fulton County Stadium (old Braves stadium)
Dodger Stadium x25
Fenway
Wrigley
Turner Field (new Braves) x15
THE ASTRODOME
AT&T
Great American Ballpark
Joe Robbie Stadium x100
Marlins Park x4

Shea. Ugh. That place was the worst. Not a big fan of Citi Field, either.

Liked old Yankee Stadium more than the new one.

I contend that the Olympic Stadium was the absolute worst baseball venue of all-time. It felt unfinished and completely sterile. I grew up close to it and schools in our area would always get free stacks of tickets, I guess to give the illusion that people cared about baseball. I went more times than I can remember and I don't think I ever paid for a ticket.

Ugh.

olympic%20stadium.jpg

One of the best ones not mentioned is Coors Field because it's so high in altitude. You run out of breath quickly trying to catch a foul ball there.

coors isn't high altitude, this is high altitude:

800px-Hernando_Siles_Stadium_-_La_Paz.jpg

I think the people who have apartments at the highrises around the stadium don't have to buy tickets.

Until May 2007, FIFA, football's international governing body, accepted the stadium as a World Cup Qualifying venue, despite protests from visiting teams that the altitude gave the Bolivian national team an unfair advantage against opponents who had only a few days to acclimatise before playing. On May 27, 2007, FIFA declared that no World Cup Qualifying matches could be played in stadiums above 8,200 feet (2,500 m) above sea level.

An old stadium that was an absolute dump was old Tiger Stadium. The combo football-baseball stadiums sucked too.

ballpark in arlington #1

I would like to visit a bunch more but have only been to

Wrigley Field
Miller Park
Coors Field

I enjoyed all of them for different reasons. Good beer and nice stadium at Coors, liked the way the fans were into it too (not what I expected). Also really love seeing the mountains behind left field, ball flys out of there too...usually get to see some runs. Miller Park is also nice has the retractable roof so you always see a game, and good ballpark food (which is kinda hard to come by) but it also has Brewers fans which is nauseating. Wrigley Field is my favorite of the ones I have been to, but it does need a makeover. Cool parts are the ivy and the old time scoreboard that is still changed manually to this day, the women at Wrigley (bleachers especially), the feeling when the team is good and crowd is into it, and the atmosphere outside the park...plenty to do and see. Piss troughs suck and bad ballpark food are the negatives.

Surprised you've never been to the Cell, CB. It really gets a bad rap IMO. If you go, buy field-level between the foul poles only. I want to get in on a Sunday (wearing the 72 jerseys home Sundays).

Been to Safeco many times absolutely beautiful. Visited most of the parks on the west coast except San Diego but I heard it's not that great there..... So basically here's a picture I just made on paint describing what I'll be doing.

2mhy105.png

we're big fans of the a's stadium

sitting behind home plate on sat for $25

we're big fans of the a's stadium

sitting behind home plate on sat for $25

Reminds me of the Pro Player/Joe Robbie days at Marlins games