Tom Brady and Deflategate

• Start date
  • Replies 39 Comments
  • Views 2,231 Views
underinflated balls were replaced at halftime with properly inflated balls. Halftime score 17-7, in favor of the Pats. They went on to score 28 points in the second half, with properly inflated balls. Their stats were better the second half.

I have heard this point attempted a few times and I'm sorry but that is a ridiculously small - statistically insignificant - sample to draw any conclusions from. It would be like watching a coinflip come up heads and concluding, "See? Tails are much less likely with this coin."

As no one is likely to produce stats of that sort for the several hundred games - minimum - that would be needed to conclude anything, I believe all we have to go on is that Brady wanted to do it, so there must be a reason.

He must like it and thinks it's better.

And he got caught and so there should be a penalty which, as I have said, IMO, should be about the same as a hockey player with an illegal curve to his stick.

2 minute minor.

How about a batter who corks his bat or a pitcher who alters the ball?

In defense of Brady, I bet every qb and K has things done to the football.

Meanwhile people are getting uppity a tweet from from the NFL. Along with a picture of Andrew Luck was the caption:

Precision. Strength. Intelligence. Head Coaches tell us what it takes to be a franchise QB: http://t.co/iAyZn8EmZFpic.twitter.com/bqCZBqs2QN
NFL (@nfl) May 21, 2015

Get it? Precision. Strength. Intelligence?

Get it? PSI? Which was an issue in deflategate? The pressure in the footballs? PSI? So people think that the NFL has gone this obtuse and obscure route - that most sane people wouldn't even notice - to take a shot at the Patriots and Brady?

Get it?

Mr. M you lucky bastage. I remember we had to use a coke can after our nerf ball disintegrated