Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
4 game suspension
Million dollar team fine
Team forfeits 1st round pick next draft and then a 4th rounder the draft after that

Suspension being appealed

I would appeal as well seeing as how the report says "probably" and "most likely" but cannot offer any concrete proof.

The public is a funny thing if you take it as one singular thing - which of course it's not.

Still funny though.

Before the verdict there were many calls for a year suspension. The public is a hanging judge.

But after the verdict, all I hear is people screaming how ridiculously over-the-top and excessive the sanctions are.

I guess now they want to hang the judge.

As long as someone is getting hung.

Never a whole lot of, sure, that's fine, from the public.

The public will think what they are told to think.

Reno will think what I tell him to think

It's nice that gamelive has a special smiley of Tom Brady talking about Deflategate:

:mrquincy:

Okay there's one. The headline is

Roger Goodells Weak Punishment For Tom Brady Disgraces The NFL

So maybe I was getting a freakishly disproportionate sample of Goodell's-strong-punishment-disgraces-the-NFL people.

Both sides are out there. Good.

Just as long as everyone is outraged one way or the other. :handshake:

I don't know much about the investigation

But were the two locker room guys back and forth text messages the major evidence!

Those guys were hilarious

But were they credible ?

I know at one point one of the clowns said essentially that the refs screwed them at some point . Because the balls were inflated to 16 psi.

Which is way more Over inflated from the range than the pats balls were deflated

Are they following up on that and looking to fire done NFL refs found the game on question that the ball boy referred to?

I bet they were giving eachother rimjobs too

NFL is not stupid. They have more evidence that do not want to share with public. If Brady sues they will use it and bring him to his knees.

Brady should win the appeal and get the suspension reduced to two games.

Which I mainly say just because my original prediction? 2 games

I am the emperor of gamelive and you guys are my peasants or something.

NFL is not stupid. They have more evidence that do not want to share with public. If Brady sues they will use it and bring him to his knees.

actually I think the opposite has more truth. Just like with "Spygate" the NFL destroyed the tapes and did nothing. I think Belechick had proof that others were doing worse and it would come out. And slightly deflated balls had little to do with the outcome of that playoff game.

How many games did Ben rapelisthberger get for sticking his needle in unwilling women's vaginas to deflate his balls?

You can look at it different ways. What Brady did - and I am saying he is 100% guilty - is about equivalent to a hockey player having an illegally curved stick.

That's a 2 minute penalty.

Also maybe comparable to old Gaylord Perry throwing the spitter. I believe he got suspended for 2 starts once.

Somewhere in there, I place Brady.

In some ways, I find Brady's actions even less offensive given the ridiculous way the NFL handled their game balls - which was kind of asking for trouble - but okay, it doesn't change the fact he cheated.

If it's up to me, I maybe just go with the fine (and obviously change that ridiculous procedure for how game balls are handled.)

he was never charged. Victims weren't quite honest about what happened.

But I do understand the NFL's position to some extent. They want to make some gesture about integrity of the game in the face of more public hysteria. Public hysteria has not been their friend in recent times.

That's why I predicted 2 games.

Goodell was embarrassed last year when people called him "weak" after both Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson. But this is the mess that you end up with when you try to govern by popular opinion.