• Start date
  • Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 1,990 Views

AMBy

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I feel like I am on drugs....messing with anyone else out there?

Yep, feel the same way.

no difference to me
its just a number

I don't feel drugged, but I slept through church for the first time in probably five or six years. It does seem that it really nailed a lot of people this year though, because when I called Fr. Joe to apologize, he said not to worry, he had less than 20 people make it to a service that averages 80. Perhaps the lack of music allowed them to rush through the service and let everybody get back home to nap. I just forgot to change my bedroom clock when I went to bed, I woke up at the same time I always do, but didn't realize I had an hour less to prepare and just went back to sleep for a little bit. Even though he said not to worry, I still feel guilty...

It won't matter to me until I get up for work tomorrow. At which time it will suck.

Amby,

You are on drugs.

xoxo
BatemanPatrickl

It kinda messed me up. I didn't even clue in until during my poker game last night that it was happening. Meanwhile I had agreed to drive a friend to the hospital for a medical procedure this morning. Good thing the topic came up during the poker game or I would have been an hour late. Oh well, it was only for a brain MRI.

So I called her during the poker game to make sure she knew about the clocks and she didn't know either.

Bottom line, I got to bed after poker at about 3:30 and had to get up in ~4 hours and I've been pretty much a zombie all day. :wacko:

It's pissing me off. Suddenly i'm on central time not eastern. Games at different hours than normal. Takes me a couple weeks to get used to it.

It's pissing me off. Suddenly i'm on central time not eastern. Games at different hours than normal. Takes me a couple weeks to get used to it.

Why don't they change the clocks down there?

One thing Pres Bush did that was good was changing it from how it was forever it seemed! One week later move to "fall back" time so Halloween it is still in light an extra hour for the kids and I think a couple weeks earlier then it was previously to "spring forward".

Why don't they change the clocks down there?

I dunno, why do they change the clocks up there?

I'm on the equator the sun rises and sets at the same time all year.

I believe it was to supposed to be for the kids not going to school in the dark in the early AM? :dunno:

I believe it was to supposed to be for the kids not going to school in the dark in the early AM? :dunno:

No the original reason was for the farmers. It was so they had the most amount of daylight in which to do their work...

No the original reason was for the farmers. It was so they had the most amount of daylight in which to do their work...

Actually the modern iteration of DST (there was an earlier one used by the Romans which involved assigning different lengths to the hours of the day depending on the month) was introduced by the Allies in WWI in order to conserve coal during the hostilities in order to redirect it to the war effort.

Silly durito, that's why you track all your bets with Hong Kong time. HK time is the GMT of sports betting.