things you hate

• Start date
  • Replies 441 Comments
  • Views 23,249 Views
That's also how I read it. Same way you can hate cancer but not people who have cancer.

not really the same thinjg

not really the same thinjg

I get what you're saying. Addiction is brought on yourself and could have been avoided.

What about smokers developing lung cancer? The addiction most likely caused the cancer. Hmmmm

1. Bad manners and the people who use them
2. Rudeness
3. Constantine Maroulis....he wishes you knew who he was
4. People who can't spell ya'll
5. Phil Fulmer
6. The song "Kokomo"...just stick a pencil in my eye
7. Styx sans Dennis DeYoung
8. Tennessee Volunteers
9. Auburn
10. my cat after she eats liver cause it gives her gas
11. 40 days of 115 degree heat index
12. John Tyson and his boyfriend Bob Riley
13. Guys who think its a turn on to text you pictures of their penis. It isn't. Go figure.

I'm adding the fact we have more balls than boobs around here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y'all

having the apostrophe between the y and the all is the only way this remotely makes sense

Still others say that "ya'll" is a separate term from "y'all" altogether; in this line of argument, "ya'll" means "ya will" as in "Ya'll get in trouble for that" or "Ya'll see us there."

:rofl:

silly southerners

ConfederateFlag7.jpg

P.S. nina please dont hate me. im just poking fun, not trying to start a fight.

:wally::badnina:

I still stick with y'all even though I feel a tiny bit guilty now each time when I think Nina may see it.

But ya'll just doesn't make sense to me. What the hell does ya mean? At least with y'all you can deduce that the missing letters are o and u. Ya means nada.

Ya'll makes perfect sense. See when we southerners say it we aren't contracting the words you and all. We are saying them as one word with a slight pause after the vowels.

Nina, you talk funny!

sweety, you should hear me. You probably wouldn't understand half of what I was saying.

Ya'll makes perfect sense. See when we southerners say it we aren't contracting the words you and all. We are saying them as one word with a slight pause after the vowels.

Y'all or ya'll can only be one syllable so it's definitely a contraction... you can't pronounce "ll" by itself. I guess you're arguing that the word should be spelled phonetically? Either way the position of the apostrophe signals no difference in pronunciation, it's just used to indicate the presence of, guess what, a contraction.

Team Ya'll has no leg to stand on I'm afraid.

:peace:

:matty::biglaugh: