The Silk Road is back

• Start date
  • Replies 82 Comments
  • Views 4,450 Views
"In or about May 2014, the FBI identified a server located in a foreign country that was believed to be hosting the Silk Road 2.0 website at the time. On or about May 30, 2014, law enforcement personnel from that country imaged the Silk Road 2.0 Server and conducted a forensic analysis of it. Based on posts made to the SR2 Forum, complaining of service outages at the time the imaging was conducted, I know that once the Silk Road 2.0 server was taken offline for imaging, the Silk Road 2.0 websites went offline as well, thus confirming that the server was used to host the Silk Road 2.0 website."

cant win boyzzz :nope:

Even the browser patters are use as evidence, but this guy was beyond idiotic, logging in without Tor.

"c. According to publicly available information, on or about April 6, 2014, Google Chrome version 35 O.1910.3 was a beta version of the browser,L2 and Apple OS X version 10.9.0 was outdated.B Thus, based on my training and experience, this particular combination of software versions would not have been common among Internet users at the time. The information available to the HSI-UC indicates that Defcon was not using Tor to access the customer support interface at the time, which would have caused Defcon’s browser and operating system to appear differently."

Did you see they caught a Pirate Bay creator the other day

pic of him sat down with like 40 soldiers for them to announce their big catch

dude is so fucked

Must be exciting to be a techie investigator these days. Basically everything you do is logged somewhere.

Must be exciting to be a techie investigator these days. Basically everything you do is logged somewhere.

I know if I were a cyber criminal, I'd be using a laptop with no hard drive and a USB WiFi card and run Linux and TOR from a USB stick.

Using someone else's connection or public wifi of course.

I was thinking even beyond computer life. My building's alarm system logs every opening of the apartment door, then I have to use my key fob to go to the garage, then I use my keycard to enter the office space.

My whole boring life can be reconstructed from computer logs.

The feds were in even before launch.

"On or about October 7, 2013, the HSI-UC [the undercover agent] was invited to join a newly created discussion forum on the Tor network, concerning the potential creation of a replacement for the Silk Road 1.0 website. The next day, on or about October 8, 2013, the persons operating the forum gave the HSI-UC moderator privileges, enabling the HSI-UC to access areas of the forum available only to forum staff."

from his instagram after sanfran ws win

[INSTA]p/uyqRk1CXWk[/INSTA]

Oh man, this situation and these guys!

(just wanted to be included in the thread)