The POLITICS Random Thoughts Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 526 Comments
  • Views 41,686 Views
In today's edition of clown world...
The 1st 90 seconds pretty much sums up the story...

Why that guy has 🔨 and sickle? It would be funny if they buried those Russia hating Trump hating collusion conspiracy touting old farts

This pretty much sums up the leftist media in Australia post election last week

Am no fan of Tommy's but the way in which the media have gone out of their way to use their oppressive forces against the guy is unheard of in the developed world...

UK... RIP

This is hilarious
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...M-msez30XE9jfQs5I0oRazX-FBEobNdPKng9e-kVcDjX0
Not so much because of the incident persay (one could certainly argue it was uncouth) but moreso because it wasn't Allah who was the pedophile. That title belonged to Muhammad. Allah is the "moon" god if i understand correctly.

If you're going to slander cult members fanatical religious beliefs than at least get it right...:confused2:

As a politician, this trump guy is beginning to grow on me...

My home is my home. Not a base for some global social experiment...

Londonistan :endoftheworld:
That naked cowboy bit at the end killed me 😂😂

The 1st annual straight pride parade 😂😂
Bostonians, check in...

Youtube: Crowder didn't breach our terms

Youtube literally the next day: We just introduced new terms that Crowder breaches.

This shit is beyond parody.

"Borderline Content" = Totally within the rules but definitely wrongthink.

So the #Adpocalypse is far worse than 1st thought.

Literally thousands of independent content creators have just lost their income now and all because little Carlos Maza didn't like a single design of a t-shirt..

Not only that, but under the new terms no longer are you allowed to speak about immigration, ethnicity, gender or age related issues. Want to talk about the crisis at the border? YT says no...

I hope YT goes the way of MySpace. It will, it's just a matter of time now..

Literally thousands of independent content creators have just lost their income now

but no one is entitled to yt's monetization, any one of those can setup a sales team to get ads for themselves

a few years ago I had up some gambling vids monetized until a review came and they got demonetized and my AdSense banned, it's their platform their ad tech and their sales team, I had no right to bitch for them not wanting their business serve against my content

if the argument is that they are nothing without the yt platform, then that speaks of the value that content and those creators bring to the equation

There are so many dopey YouTube people doing commentary, giving their opinions on shit. Like you think you gonna see a clip of something, but it's actually a guy in a room giving his long winded opinion on that clip.

I've even seen videos of guys listening to music and giving their reactions and opinions. It's a like a thing, with thousands of views :dunno: pretty silly. I guess they make money

but no one is entitled to yt's monetization, any one of those can setup a sales team to get ads for themselves

a few years ago I had up some gambling vids monetized until a review came and they got demonetized and my AdSense banned, it's their platform their ad tech and their sales team, I had no right to bitch for them not wanting their business serve against my content

if the argument is that they are nothing without the yt platform, then that speaks of the value that content and those creators bring to the equation
Good points though content creators were simply abiding by YT's T&S and (for those who did) in exchange for the content they were producing they were given incentive to do so through monetary payment. With these new rules they can now find a video of yours from 7 years that contained something edgy and totally deplatform the user as a result.

People may say "but muh private platform", and if YT wasn't receiving gov subsidies then I'd agree, but silicon Valley are some of the biggest corporate welfare recipients out there and thus shouldn't have the right to do what they're currently doing, as freedom of speech laws (in the constitution) pertain that censorship has no room.

In this instance the sooner trump regulates these oligarchical corporative tech giants the better. We need a level playing field for several reasons. One of the main ones being that censorship actually encourages the growth of radicalization.

If YT decides that it wants to now become a publisher (by moderating speech) instead of a platform then cool. The problem with that is that they're now going to cut off their own head by having to ban everyone who doesn't follow their guidelines.

Comedians, gone

Independent journalism, gone

This rule will pertain to both the left and right though I have a sneaking suspicion that the Colbert's and Trevor Noah's of the world will receive a free pass here (or at least until gov regulation kicks in)..

We need a level playing field for several reasons.

I agree, but I don't know if we can trust anything the current administration brings

while we would benefit with something ala gdpr, i'm afraid they'll just bring some partisan bitching bs or get highjacked by the copyright lobby

mitchell starc saved you guys

:mudcat: