The POLITICS Random Thoughts Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 526 Comments
  • Views 41,590 Views
So smollett OWN prosecutor was actively trying to make this all go away...
This dude be UBER connected. No wonder he pleaded innocent all this time if he knew he wasn't going to jail...

Satirically (and in jest) yes...

I have to admit, it's hard for me to tell your jokes from your beliefs.

So without a scrap of evidence, trump is guilty in the court of public opinion but you have a solid case with actual evidence against this sociopath and he walks free??

Well, I think they are both walking equally free. I don't give much weight to your court of public opinion. Trump has the unwavering support of almost half the country and is vilified by almost half the country, just like every American president.

And yeah, I think you're right that Smollet has some sort of mental disorder. That's not the behavior of someone whose brain is working properly. It was a terrible thing to pull. It wouldn't make me happier to have him in jail. Maybe he should have harsher consequences than a ruined reputation and probably a ruined career, I'm not sure. The people most hurt by his actions, people who are most likely to be victims of future hate crimes, probably don't want to see him locked up. It's a strange situation for sure.

MrX
Well, I think they are both walking equally free. I don't give much weight to your court of public opinion. Trump has the unwavering support of almost half the country and is vilified by almost half the country, just like every American president.

And yeah, I think you're right that Smollet has some sort of mental disorder. That's not the behavior of someone whose brain is working properly. It was a terrible thing to pull. It wouldn't make me happier to have him in jail. Maybe he should have harsher consequences than a ruined reputation and probably a ruined career, I'm not sure. The people most hurt by his actions, people who are most likely to be victims of future hate crimes, probably don't want to see him locked up. It's a strange situation for sure.
So i'll admit that at times i can seem a little "rah rah" in my views. That's largely because it's early morning here and i'm not much of a morning person until routine ingestion of coffee takes place, so on that please forgive my brashness if at your dinner time you may see a text here or there that has you going "wtf" ;)

This whole smollett thing also highlights the corruption within the chicago political system.

I wonder if the president can form a investigation into the political going-ons in chicago because we now know that the rule of law doesn't apply to everyone there...

Me thinks he'll work again, no problems. Identity politics is rife in chicago and his personal connections will see to that. Like the saying goes, "its not what you know, its who you know"...

Reactions: MrX
MrX
Just to be clear here, you're arguing that white people in America are receiving unfair sentencing?
poor white people I'm sure are. Don't know much about this guys mental illness or whatever, but if what they say he did is true, it's pretty disgusting. Guessing about 85 percent of the people in prison should be freed before him.

oh and I'm not sure what Trump did that's worse than any other President. I guess his rhetoric towards Russia wasn't bellicose enough for the peace loving Democrats. :dunno:

Alright, if he's not gay we lock him up. :handshake

Also I don't think people that he hurt are the potential victims of hate crimes, at least that wasn't his intent. He intended to create the illusion that such crimes are common place and illicit false sympathy in a very public display, thereby encouraging false accusations and possible imprisonment of others. Not sure if those he accused were ever in any danger or were actual people, but I'd guess somebody was harrassed by cops over this.

Also I don't think people that he hurt are the potential victims of hate crimes, at least that wasn't his intent. He intended to create the illusion that such crimes are common place and illicit false sympathy in a very public display, thereby encouraging false accusations and possible imprisonment of others. Not sure if those he accused were ever in any danger or were actual people, but I'd guess somebody was harrassed by cops over this.
It was all about getting those victimhood points because for his entire life he's probably been told that he's been persecuted because of the colour of his skin in "muh racizt" america.

This pos didn't care if he started a race war, just so he could score a shinier medal in the oppression olympics. Sikk fukk

:yes: sounds about right. Creating more sectarian strife between poor whites n blacks n gays, this rich actor prick.

I didn't mean that it was his intent. I meant that the way it has played out (which should have been foreseeable to him) it will have the effect of casting doubt on any subsequent reported hate crimes. Probably more importantly, it's a distraction from the more insidious inequalities in the system. It will surely serve as a counterpoint in the minds of those who want to believe that systemic inequalities don't exist, that they're just being played up for sympathy and handouts.

Now there's talk that smollett may have allegedly ratted out his own lawyer, hence why all charges were dropped if prosecutors can get a celebrity lawyer on federal extortion charges...

The plot just keeps on thickening 😂

Wow, this smollett case just got another 15 layers deep...
Smollett has my nomination for worst person of the year in 2019. Piece of fukkin trash human being...

Trump selling fricketts(?) to Saudi Arabia for 5 billion.
fun part at 40sec to 1:20