The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,775 Comments
  • Views 213,587 Views
Hmm. Blue Jays lose - so bummer - and they get no-hit - which makes it a slightly more interesting bummer - and the pitcher, James Paxton, is a Canadian kid.

So, like, good for him. I guess? :dunno:

Yeah, Stantons career stats dont mean squat. His career to date has been being the superstar on a AAA team in a shit division. In NY he's just another guy. Fuckin bum. Won't hit over 30hr aghainst AL east pitching on this team. /QUOTE]

Giancarlo Stanton thru 40 games played

2018: .252/.339/.516, 10 HR, 26 RBI
2017: .263/.339/.524, 11 HR, 27 RBI

PHILLIES in 1st place in NL East by 1% point over the Braves!
:snoop:

PHILLIES in 1st place in NL East by 2% points over the Braves!
:snoop:

Hey that Stanton guy has 30 HR’s on August 13th. Bum.

Mets have 22 runs on 22 hits in today's game! They had to start hitting against the Phils! Unreal!

The Phils loss last night was the HARDEST one to absorb this year! Up 5-0 and even Sir Anthony can't hold a lead! I know Kapler loves to use the pen but might be time late in the year to go with starters as long as possible! Thank God for Marlin pitching the last 2 nights!

Can't believe the Nats can't make a run at the NL East but appears the Braves and Phils might start playing like "what we thought they were" before the season started! Not playoff caliber teams deserving to be there! I know Phils won't make noise in the postseason, but just get me 1 playoff series!
:please:

The Phillies ending the season like it started, piss poor play along with subpar ANALYTICAL managing! The Braves deserved to win the NL East and Phillies +/- run differential only proves they won more games than they had a right to!

I really watched closely their games the last month and HORRIFIC mental mistakes all the way around! That's on the manager! That being said Kapler did better than expected but God I hate that "let me see what the exact math" says!
:mudcat:

The A’s are an incredible story if you really think about it.

And the Marlins traded the NL MVP in the off-season.

I mean, they traded TWO NL MVP’s in the off-season (it’s Yelich’s MVP to lose at this point).

(it’s Yelich’s MVP to lose at this point).

Not only Cubs vs Brewers today but Baez vs Yelich! Already thought Yelich deserved it more but today's performance put the ! on it for me!

but the guy I think will end up 40HR/100RBI and .280AVG/.350OBP!

Ended up 38HR/100RBI and .266AVG/.343OBP! Close and if not for a SLUMP late in the year might have past my prediction numbers! For Stanton's first 15 games in September AVG was .136 with 1 HR and 6 RBI! Came on well though at end of year and really hope your team gets to play Boston! Like GS that he doesn't seem like a "me, me" player and let's his play do the talking!

Really like to see him do well in postseason and send those righteous Red Sox home crying in their beer! Maybe Steven King can write a horror story about it! With all the Yank's injuries this season, GS came to play 158 games and Boone gave him last game off! Don't know if NYY would have survived to make postseason if he didn't show up day-in-day out!