• Replies 839 Comments
  • Views 32,369 Views
Heck of an effort in here gamelive

heck of an effort :tissue:

22932.jpg

22945.jpg

very nice work GL

thanks Cougar

at the beginning I doubted this would ever get completed.

but to do it in a week's time......???? unreal

hats off

I love hearing someone's connection to music... thank you. It helps to personalise things a bit more than just the generic whitewash I've tended to give certain groups over time. And to be frank, my experiences with Floyd tended to revolve around someone throwing The Wall in the VCR when they were tripping on whatever and everyone else marvelling at how amazing it was while my straight self just couldn't see it.

The Beatles are unrivalled in my opinion as far as their contribution to music. But I also feel that way about the legacies of Elvis and Sinatra (whom I can't believe didn't even make Cougey's list). A large part of that is probably due to the fact that I grew up on these guys and my parents were fanatics... can't even use the abbreviated term when it came to their love for any of these three because it was just a constant bombardment in my house. I'm grateful for that though...I still listen to them today and I probably always will.

Again Cougs, great thread. Had a lot of fun in this one. :)

I watched The Wall on acid once, and I remember thinking, "Wow. This is fucking boring."

Then we went down to the Memorial Union (Madison, WI) and hung out on the pier. You know what's fun when you're tripping? Backing a raccoon into a corner and watching it stand up on its hind legs to hiss at you. (Stupid friends on acid who think that raccoons are their friends help that situation BTW.)

I watched The Wall on acid once, and I remember thinking, "Wow. This is fucking boring."

Then we went down to the Memorial Union (Madison, WI) and hung out on the pier. You know what's fun when you're tripping? Backing a raccoon into a corner and watching it stand up on its hind legs to hiss at you. (Stupid friends on acid who think that raccoons are their friends help that situation BTW.)

:lmao: Raccoons are scary beasts. You're much braver than I'd be. I see one of those monsters and I scoot the other way.

I'm late to the party. Can I get 1000 on Zeppelin?

. there's no room for debate in my opinion when it comes to the beatles' impact on pop, rock and music overall, both from the point of music itself as well as the business of music. i also recall thinking at the time just how much their music changed (advanced?, got more sophisticated?) in a very short time from the stuff they were playing in '64 to what they were producing in the later 60s.

Very keen observation indeed BB! Looking back on it now feel the same way!

REDO!!!!!

1) Velvet Underground [10]
2) Nirvana [10]
3) Black Sabbath [10]
4) Miles Davis [10]
5) Johnny Cash [10]
6) Prince [10]
7) The Beatles [10]
8) Nine Inch Nails [10]
9) Elton John [10]
10) Led Zeppelin [10]
11) 2Pac [12]
12) Aerosmith [10]
13) Pink Floyd [10]
14) Talking Heads [10]
15) Alice Cooper [10]
16) Neil Young [10]
17) David Bowie [10]
18) Frank Zappa [10]
19) Metallica [10]
20) Soundgarden [10]
21) Smashing Pumpkins [10]
22) Bob Marley [10]
23) Megadeth [10]
24) Jimi Hendrix [10]
25) Korn [8]
26) Michael Jackson [10]
27) Elvis [10]
28) Madonna [10]
29) Ozzy Osbourne [10]
30) Morphine [10]

what if we took the first ten bands that got voted out, OUT.... and then our most musical people could collaborate to elect 10 new bands, to add to the remaining 20 impartially...

I'd say a group like Muddy, Cougar, Matty, Cali, Kato, could consult with one another and give us 10 new ones.....

or at the very least just give 2 picks each to add....

anyone else down for this?

I wouldn't be one of the most musical Archie? Interesting.

FW I actually was gonna put you in there, because of two things

I think you know and think about music quite a bit

and you give us much needed older experienced perspective with Muddy (but without as MUCH drugs)

I went with Cali and a bit of humor instead though.....

FW let's do this over at SP, you pick the 30 bands!!!!!

your response makes me think I don't know of your actual musical talents though.... what all do you play?

FW were you in foghat?

FW I actually was gonna put you in there, because of two things

I think you know and think about music quite a bit

and you give us much needed older experienced perspective with Muddy (but without as MUCH drugs)

I went with Cali and a bit of humor instead though.....

FW let's do this over at SP, you pick the 30 bands!!!!!

your response makes me think I don't know of your actual musical talents though.... what all do you play?

FW were you in foghat?

CANNED HEAT ARCH,CANNED HEAT.

I think it would be better with 30 completely different bands.

I would be up for that.

yeah that would be great!