The Astronomy Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 242 Comments
  • Views 17,492 Views
alien_dance.gif

Pluto and its moon (some would call them a binary dwarf planet system) Charon

nh-pluto-charon-v2-10-1-15.0.jpg

Now that we have gotten up close it can be confirmed: Charon is a ball in space.

I spent slot of time watching the eclipse. Because my daughter wanted to wAtch the eclipse. But let it be known, space is gay. I don't care about space. space is a waste of my time. Let it also be known I once owned a telescope. I could enter my zip code on it and it would position itself to various constellations. Once I was pretty drunk and thought I would get a better view so I took it up on the roof of my house. The view was still the same. I was pretty stupid. And gay.

Once I was pretty drunk and thought I would get a better view so I took it up on the roof of my house. The view was still the same. I was pretty stupid. And gay.

:10:

Most consumer telescopes are garbage. Went to this guy's house once, he had a 10" refractor set up on his deck. He pointed it towards Saturn, and then to some nebula whose name I forget. It was mind-blowing. Looking at photos online is one thing, but staring at the same stuff "live" is incredible.

Yah man, very clearly. The whole thing was gray, but it was very well-defined. The nebula was a lot more spectacular though, it filled the field of view.

*It was a 10-inch *reflector*, my bad.

:up:

Neil Armstrong thinks ur face is fag.

i would buy a telescope if i lived in a building like yours, matty... well, if there were other occupied buildings across the street and shit... wait, what were we talking about?

When I refer to Charon, or think about it, in my mind I am thinking/saying Karen.

It makes space seem like a friendlier place. Karen out there.

Like, hey Karen.

Or, look, there's Karen.

See what I mean?

Ya you see what I mean.

:handshake:

I'm not clickin on that, who really gives a fuck about those pictures.

Whipdee do.