• Start date
  • Replies 29 Comments
  • Views 2,135 Views

SoV

Since
Jan 11, 2011
Score
Tokens
Breaking away from the discussion in the 'Chicago Tribune: "Canada is on a roll"' thread.

the people talking funny problem

I don't talk funny. :dunno:

What about mrquincy? Anyone ever heard him talk?

I have.

I cannot detect an accent.

He sounds perfectly normal to me.

Post your accent. Use www.vocaroo.com to record your voice. Alternatively, you can use YouTube.

I am now interested in hearing what people on here sound like. We have posters from all over so this should be interesting. Hopefully.

There is a video somewhere with me, Juror, Matty and jungleman talking. Sounds like vuvuzelas.

HUGH fan of British accents (most of them)

Little bit of a Jersey accent SOV and some other things, I'm a bit of a mutt all of it is fokkin sexy though

I guess my voice, speaking and singing, has been fairly well documented here through YouTubes. While I am content enough with my singing voice I don't really like my speaking voice. It has nothing to do with any accent; there is just a bit of a Kermit the Frog quality, like I am trying to force it deep (which I'm not).

In any case, I must be about as pure an example of my regional (Greater Toronto Area) speech as there is, having rarely left the area in almost 50 years. Here is a sample FWIW. The first couple minutes is me blathering on.

Steve really does have about the sexiest voice ever. If you could hear him on the phone during work, omg, it turns you on! I think a better example of his sexy voice was/is his reading of Caspers night before christmas that he did last year.

I on the other hand, have the PA sometimes dutch accent. Which to me is normal. I have been told I sound very sweet, and innocent, and I personally think I sound like a little girl still. Though come to think of it, I would rather sound like me then some females I know that sound butch, which is not sexy at all.

With that being said, Steve's sexy and persuasive voice can go a long way, not only with chicks, but in our work as well.
Mine sweet and innocent voice goes a long way with work too.

Muddy that is so sweet that you wrote a song just for them. also, holy cows! you look so different with a beard!! (not bad or anything either way, just totally different!)