The 2018 World Cup Match Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 278 Comments
  • Views 16,631 Views
It doesn’t have to be “intentional”. Put your fucking hands down by your side.

:greencheck:
Exactly, if unintentional was OK, every player would have their hands out somewhere!

Can't say it is a boring match! Nice to see back and worth!

Vive la France! Had an easy group, got an underwhelming Argentine squad, and a Cavani-less squad but got better as the WC progressed and deserved to be Champions. :hattip:

That wasn’t even an intentional hand. Punishment is way too extreme. Soccer’s gay.
It doesn’t have to be “intentional”. Put your fucking hands down by your side.
Fair enough.

You are both wrong.

"Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm." And it was deliberate.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12_en.pdf page 113

That wasn’t even an intentional hand. Punishment is way too extreme. Soccer’s gay.
I used to think penalty kicks are too extreme also, but now I believe it's right. It's so hard to get in the box and the net is so big, he's probably gonna score without the foul. The fouls are generally more intentional than I realized and the defenders are forced to play cleanly, which is good.

I am having a rethink if it was deliberate. Maybe Parisic didn't have enough time to react .
The referee must take the following into consideration: the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball) .

Let's be honest, how many of us have jumped for footballs to know what's natural arm movement or not?

Neymar should learn from Griezmann how and when to dive. His feet were in the air even before the defender made any contact.