talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 152,002 Views
This is one of those stupid clickbait things I usually ignore - but I do find this one a bit irresistible

24068113_1778766205528168_5588628603558075139_n.jpg

$250

:handshake:

Car wrecker is one thing I didn't get the cash for.

#11 kind of freaks me out. It's that remarkable for Americans to travel outside the US? I'd think it would be something where you couldn't find someone who hasn't done it. Like, no one travels less than me, but I've still been outside Canada, like, 8 times.

But judging by the dollars, that's the second most amazing thing an American can do.

Here's the latest pattern I am observing which is just a bit puzzling.

Lately, I am being shown groups I might be interested in - and they're all in theme of, let's say, political incorrectness. Like there are groups that are about edgy memes. Rude memes. Anything-goes jokes. Inappropriate this-and-that.

One group seems to be patting itself on the back for not getting offended about stuff people get offended about.

I'm not saying it is wrong to direct me that way. If I was looking to join Facebook groups - (which I'm not) - something based in dark humor would make sense for my personality.

I just don't know how Facebook knows that.

It probably has access to your searches and everything you ever did on the internet and uses some algorithm to come up with this shit. I've noticed similar.
Recently I've noticed my friend suggestions (which used to include only friends of friends) are all young hipsterish looking girls :dunno:

Suddenly I am getting an endless line-up of Recommended for You Nearby - and they're all in Texas.

Another Facebook friend request received and accepted. Guy I knew from high school. Never a super close friend. Just a guy.

Well, let's see how unbearable he has become . . .

been getting somekind of spam e-mail pretending to be coming from friends, based on facebook names. Got one in mr.x name and today Casper. Both had advised me to click on link which leads to same ad for shark tank diet pill :dunno:

Another Facebook friend request received and accepted. Guy I knew from high school. Never a super close friend. Just a guy.

Well, let's see how unbearable he has become . . .

Yeah, no, he is a copier of clickbait stuff. No original thoughts, just clickbait polls 'n quizzes 'n memes 'n shit.

:dunno:

Facebook announced on Friday that it planned to remove Trending, a module on the right-hand side of Facebook's desktop site that shows news stories people are discussing and sharing.

Hmm. Now that I see that and give it some thought I realize, that was about 84% of my reason for Facebook. So I guess I don't like that.

Then again, the trending section had so much crap, maybe they are saving me from myself.