talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 152,503 Views
It's hard to say why I'm even on Facebook any more. So little happens ever.

My sister keeps reposting old posts of her family. I guess Facebook keeps bringing them up - like, here's you 4 years ago or whatever - and she feels obliged to comment and they end up in her current circulation and on my wall.

She seems to get a ton of them. Every few days, seems like. I don't get any. I remember having a couple in the past but maybe I clicked something at some point saying STOP IT!

I have no ads at all down the right side. Maybe Facebook has finally accepted my curmudgeonly ways.

:dunno:

I deleted the app from my phone. I just go to the mobile site now. The constant barrage of unrelvant notifications was too much.

For some reason FB things I'm atheist, all ads and Groups suggestions are about atheist :dunno:

Mine are for "Amazon bestsellers" and "Need a bigger place?"

I understand the Amazon ad, but not the real estate ads.

I think it's trying to tell you that if you keep popping out babies you'll need a bigger place

:idea:

I deleted the app from my phone. I just go to the mobile site now. The constant barrage of unrelvant notifications was too much.
The FB app takes up a lot of phone resources also. I use Friendly, it's FB with an ad-blocker.

Today I get a thingy in my feed - like, not something that one of my friends generated or liked or whatever - it's a Facebook ad that Facebook has decided will appear there - of Places Trending Today in New York.

Without getting into the fact it's all ethnic restaurants - which just ain't never been my thing by any stretch - I'm not in New York. I'm not even in the same country.

Facebook = buncha choads

Using your kids for your profile pic ---> there can be issues

1vKHO9j.jpg

I only have 30 friends and it seems like every other day it's somebody's birthday. How do people with a thousand friends do it?

Facebook is informing me that the first Tuesday in April is Family Caregiver Day.

So let me just mark that on my calendar. Maybe if I buy my cards now, I can get a deal.

Something to remember - people likely travel to where you live to see the beauty. Do you? See it?

:what?:

Port Credit is quite beautiful and people flock here on the weekends.

Lot of goose shit tho.