talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,008 Views
I guess but what if you want them? But separate? Like normal?

So you have to cut and paste them to Word files?

I feel like facebook should be able to handle basic normal messaging. My Outlook email does here. Same at work. This forum does. Every forum I have ever seen does. I can't actually think of anything I have ever used that doesn't allow you to organize your messages how you want.

Except facebook.
Facebook now allows you the option of deleting the entire conversation or archiving it. Muddy asked. He received. Facebook cares.

Every once in awhile I see posting from a friend of a friend who uses the name Stank Stephanoplatypus.

I find it to be an enchanting name.

Remember when I was talking about Tarune Dillon - that everyone called Joe - but his mom didn't like it and wouldn't connect you if you phoned and asked for Joe?

Just got a facebook friend request from him.

If you don't remember the story, just read the random thoughts thread. 90% sure it's in there somewhere.

His name shows as Tarune (Ty) Dillon.

Shit can change in 35 years.

Hmm, he has 195 "friends" and is a semi-avid facebooker. A couple updates per day on average. They seem inoffensive. Not dipshit political views or whatever, just reports on his day, generally light and breezy.

Scanning back . . . pictures of food? Check. Drinks? Check. Birthday? Check. Other people doing the ice bucket challenge? Check.

My relationship to him is, he was a friend of my brother for a short time ~35 years ago. At this point he is basically some random human in the world. So I don't know what the fuck I am supposed to want with this, or vice versa ----> but there he is.

Someone posted a pic for his birthday that amused me. I guess it is all worthwhile.

10548337_10203448401308957_7148152570145192399_o.jpg

He :like: a lot of things, this new "friend"

My margins of facebook are now being dominated by long lists of things he :like: He has actually taken over from Bread and Rubyn in terms of being shown things they :like:

I doubt it is because he just :like: so many more things than Bread and Rubyn that they can't get a :like: in edgewise.

More likely, facebook just gives the new guy precedence for awhile. For whatever reason.

In any case, he does not seem very discriminating so I have already shifted into a mode of giving his :like: zero weight.

As far as I can remember, I have exactly one :like: on facebook. Not talking about individual status updates or whatever. I :like: those regular enough. But one page where I clicked :like: One thing.

I subsequently decided I don't :like: it all that much.

Can you withdraw your like?

I just checked. Yes you can.

I no longer :like: anything.

:handshake:

FB is a tool used by insecure folks seeking attention, pity, or those that feel like anyone gives a fuk what they had for dinner, or
having so much fun out on town they have to "check in" to let everyone know how much of a good time they having???
really???
or a tool used by those that are looking to fuk around on their partner
actually its just human nature working the information age to its advantage

Its kinda like a forum. I'm pissed there's shit there I can't comment on. Like a friend of a friend commented something and it comes up but I can't comment.

I find a good way to make friends with a lot of people is when someone posts a picture of their kid post "what a loser" (about the kid)

you been blocked biaocth :megarock:
actually FB is the hands down #1 reading material while taking a dump.
so much so that I'm opening FB app before entering the shitter, and I'll be damned if I gonna wipe before I get done
catching up on the FB attention seeking whores, BF/GF drama, and the my life is so fukd up that I gotta post al kinds of bullshit to make yall believe I'm living the dream

FB is a tool used by insecure folks seeking attention, pity, or those that feel like anyone gives a fuk what they had for dinner, or
having so much fun out on town they have to "check in" to let everyone know how much of a good time they having???
really???
or a tool used by those that are looking to fuk around on their partner
actually its just human nature working the information age to its advantage

I am not trying to be argumentative but I can't help but comment: none of that is within a million miles of why I am on facebook.

facebook keeps showing me ads for free slot machines that I can play.

:thinking:

I am trying to think of something more pointless than free slots. I will report back if I think of anything.

you been blocked biaocth :megarock:
actually FB is the hands down #1 reading material while taking a dump.
so much so that I'm opening FB app before entering the shitter, and I'll be damned if I gonna wipe before I get done
catching up on the FB attention seeking whores, BF/GF drama, and the my life is so fukd up that I gotta post al kinds of bullshit to make yall believe I'm living the dream

So you're telling us you sit there for who knows how longs with a shitty ass until you are done reading?? Does it dry up...does it get itchy?

If you sit long enough it starts to flake off, alleviates some of the tp expense

I am trying to think of something more pointless than free slots. .
Plus size skinny jeans?

That was taken from some new dumb sitcom btw...but I thought it was funny.