talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 152,003 Views
See you are one guy I was wondering about because you went out of your way to change your handle here - which wasn't actually your real name anyway. And yet you're saying Facebook is okay. Why is that?

I do Muddy but then I have nothing to hide, nothing to protect and no warrants. Course I don't really count when it comes to FaceBook, I just checked mine earlier this week and noticed I had Happy Birthday wishes from back in February. Those happy wishers probably think I'm a jerk for not saying thanks but I just never check the thing.

I have nothing to hide - and my original FB account is in my real name - but I just wonder about what goes on. You hear about forum dweebs contacting people's employers and whatnot, and who knows what kind of stalkerish crap could come up with some of the wackjobs out there.

Just wondering what people do.

See you are one guy I was wondering about because you went out of your way to change your handle here - which wasn't actually your real name anyway. And yet you're saying Facebook is okay. Why is that?

I don't post stupid shit on Facebook. Well not nearly as stupid as here.

Both Bread and Rogue do not use their real names. There are always ways around things.

I'm proud to say I have never had a single account at any social networking site. Few that can make this claim anymore.

The thought of old friends looking me up makes me very uncomfortable. This, and the fact that I consider myself to be anti-social, make Facebook a no-go for me.

On the flipside, there's about $50 billon that says this is a business model that clearly works. So....what the fukk do I know???

I'm proud to say I have never had a single account at any social networking site. Few that can make this claim anymore.

The thought of old friends looking me up makes me very uncomfortable. This, and the fact that I consider myself to be anti-social, make Facebook a no-go for me.

On the flipside, there's about $50 billon that says this is a business model that clearly works. So....what the fukk do I know???

Potential paternity suits right?

I am basically in the same boat. Someone urged me a year or two back to try Facebook - so I did. I lasted a couple months then said, nah.

Anyway I have decided to reboot. Someone challenged me to some kind of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? challenge that is going on there - and I am honor-bound to accept. I will stand my ground. No I won't back down.

No but seriously man, it is necessary to squash him like a bug. Just working out the details.

Muddy, I can't now but will def challenge you later in the day if you are around. :up:

I have mine on their with my real name. Social Networking scares me because I really enjoy face to face time with people and don't want people contacting me online. I have about 300 friends all of who I know or want to know ( read they have hot/slutty pictures ) and my privacy is pretty high. I have gotten jobs at tech companies so the privacy is working or they are finding me bringing drinking an acceptable trait for a worker.

Muddy, you could also create a second facebook account using another name and email address.
Then you can give your secondary facebook details to your internet pals.

I have a facebook account under the name LOLA HONO - that someone created using one of my email addresses, I took it over for myself.

I am LOLA HONO on facebook.

Muddy, I can't now but will def challenge you later in the day if you are around. :up:

Haha. Sure if you want.

The Millionaire challenge wasn't actually my main motivation for re-upping. I don't know where that outburst of trashtalking came from.

But yeah, I'll get myself set up shortly and then I guess see if anyone wants to be my friend.

Why not reactivate your old account?

Matty add me as a facebook friend, common.

LOLA HONO

I joined it mainly for class reunion-type stuff. Actually better than I thought.