• Start date
  • Replies 46 Comments
  • Views 1,486 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
Y'all like hiking? I've done some pretty serious hikes in my day and was planning on starting the journey to become a 46er this summer before I busted my ankle.

My favorite style hikes are day hikes that are fairly strenuous (1000-3000 vertical and 5-10mi rt) that have a top end pay-off (view, waterfall, etc).

we aim for mostly 3-4 day through hikes and camping.. and do big swings like south africa, patagonia, iceland (last summer) spain, upper peninsula Mi, and a few others in the southwest.

my favorite so far has been Paria Canyon in Utah/zona region

I agree though for a nice weekend, it's a great feeling to push yourself on a 1 day out and back scenic shit...but hard to avoid the amateurs and idiots when doing non permitted stuff

thanks back down to 195, would like 185 with a little added lower leg muscle by December

mobility , stability , endurance the goal now.

well and longevity

I love hiking but I don’t have Archie level experiences.

I did hike Mt. Tremper in the Catskills (not far from Phoenicia) and the Rubicon Trail in Lake Tahoe. Both experiences were amazing.

@Archie can you elaborate on why you liked Paria Canyon? I’m looking for a great hiking destination for a 3 or 4 night trip.

@Boner_18 , get well soon pussy boy :)

for paria, first and foremost we look for secluded hikes where we won't be running into many other people AND that we can have our dogs off leash legally. paria allows very few people, permit process is very strict. you are engulfed deep in a high canyon and are just following along and through a small trickle ( sometimes river)

it's a challenge, I think 42 miles in 4 days through peanut butter like terrain. views are amazing.

but not a beginner trail at all.
Paria4.jpg
Paria3.jpg
Paria.jpg
Paria2.jpg

Wow Arch is a serious outdoorsman. I don't really value seclusion super highly I guess. I also have a problem convincing my wife to do any camping (though she's game for hiking). No dog owners follow leash laws anyway Arch...

Love hiking.

When it’s a loop.

Not a fan of repeat scenery.

My NYC experience was supposed to be a return road trip, but I hesitated for 6 years, to avoid seeing Kansas again.

morning hikes everyday at near 500 acre off leash dog park , 6 min walk from house

PXL_20220804_125705608.jpg
PXL_20220804_125642100.jpg

WOW Archie that some wild and cool looking outdoor areas. MrsM is not/never could be a camping woman. Honestly I'm not either but good for you guys.

I would advise you to make sure you have a gun handy but hey, if you can survive Chi-town this is probably no worries!

Archie so you saying 4 days and 42 miles. I mean are you carrying the tents from place to place on your backs like that? And how much food you have to haul? Bet you guys lost a few pounds after the 4 days? :dunno:

Super deluxe getting the “Gamelive.com” in at the end of the video, @Archie

So, not to pry but, you live out there or that’s a vacation spot? :dunno: Im a little out of the loop.

The photos of Paria are incredible. With that said, multi-day hiking with the camping gear is too advanced.

I’m looking to do 3-4 hours of moderate hiking a day and then back to the Airbnb for steaks on the grill and bourbon and a cigar by the fire pit.

Where’s your favorite place in America for that?

tron I'll write more later, and we've just scratched surface of north America. so far favorite area with tons of shit would be zion national park with Bruce canyon within an hr. about 4 hrs from Vegas .. I'm sure there is tons of shit in that area for some air bnb hopping, the wave , horshoebend bend , antelope canyon. some of those options would require getting a permit ahead of time.

4 day trip in camper van 4 hours south of Denver.

spent the day at north americas largest sand box. Great dunes national park. hiked the highest dunes while snow hit us and then climbed a mountain.

vids to follow