Stock Picking - Straight Gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 512 Comments
  • Views 32,616 Views
RIM still has quite a bit of cash to spend on marketing (they actually increased their cash reserves by $700M last quarter!) and I think their name is slightly better than Microsoft's as far as mobile UIs are concerned.

Might be Canadian bias though.

RIM still has quite a bit of cash to spend on marketing (they actually increased their cash reserves by $700M last quarter!) and I think their name is slightly better than Microsoft's as far as mobile UIs are concerned.

Might be Canadian bias though.

Not as deep as MS's pockets though. And those reserves aren't sustainable - especially since they have no other revenue stream. If it flops, they're fucked. MS doesn't have a name in mobile UI's for the most part.

I think users would rather try their new than BB's new.

Not as deep as MS's pockets though. And those reserves aren't sustainable - especially since they have no other revenue stream. If it flops, they're fucked. MS doesn't have a name in mobile UI's for the most part.

In North America, sure, but they're not fucked as a company, not at all. They've never been in any financial trouble. They're selling a shitton of phones worldwide.

Microsoft does have over 10 times as much cash.

That Jan. 30 BB10 launch is gonna be pretty interesting.

When asked to elaborate, Cuban said that the Lumia 920 “crushes the iPhone 5. Not even close.”

Hmmm hmmm.

pensive-obama.jpg

Bb are popular in Latin america because there are cheaper models. IPhone usually cost full price ($500) even with a contract most people can't afford.

Nokia Lumia 920 is the best phone I ever had. All my buddies with iphones are switching. Windows phones are digging into Apple's market share. That's why stock price is 40% down for Apple. Apple announced today that they have slashed production of the iphone5. I can't describe how good the Nokia phone is. Go buy one and try it yourself.

I own Nokia stock which I bought at $1.75 per share in August so anything you buy will go to a good cause.

In North America, sure, but they're not fucked as a company, not at all. They've never been in any financial trouble. They're selling a shitton of phones worldwide.

Microsoft does have over 10 times as much cash.

That Jan. 30 BB10 launch is gonna be pretty interesting.

Microsoft doesn't depend solely on phone sales for their revenue. That's a huge advantage. Neither does Google nor Apple.

They all can weather the storm moreso than RIM. RIM needs to compete on the high end in order to gain sustainable market share. They are losing market share worldwide. Not just in the West. And they have been for quite a while.

Historically, there have been a lot of companies that haven't been in financial trouble until they find themselves in financial trouble. All of their eggs are in one basket as they say.

Yeah well pffft.

blackberry-10-phones-promo-leaked-1.jpg

I miss my old Blackberry. If I could swap my work phone (iPhone 4S) for this I'd do it in a heartbeat.

No keyboard anymore (with BB10), Matty.

They're gonna offer one with a keyboard.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358217139_905913_1.jpg

Is BB still a canadian company or did we buy them out?

Still Canadian.

You might want to stick with the Iphone then :usa:

Dunno. The North American market doesn't care. It thinks that iPhones sell for 200 bucks.