Steve K New poker thread

• Start date
  • Replies 267 Comments
  • Views 6,981 Views
I do believe that. It's all about numbers man, if you are a cash pro. Sure I went hyper aggro there.

Dude the whole thing is a trap. I am that good with numbers (usually).

The job to me is -

Get it in good. To me that is the very definition of being good as cash gaming.
Obviously the goal is to get it in good. But if all you care about is always getting it in good, that means folding anything but the nuts. That's ridiculous.

If you flop middle set on a 10 9 2 board, you get it in. Your opponent might have QJxx draw, 87xx draw, 22xx lower set, 109 two pair, JJ-AA overpair, etc. You get it in because you are ahead of their get-it-in range. In the long term this will be a profitable because it's ahead of that range. And this isn't even factoring in fold equity (which makes semi-bluffing so valuable). If they happen to have 1010 on this exact hand, you didn't make a mistake to get it in, you just happened to run into the top of their range this time.

What about if you are getting 38% equity on a draw but are getting 3-to-1 on a call? You will lose this pot nearly 2/3 of the time but you are getting 3x your money. This is a crystal-clear profitable call long term.

"Always have the best hand when you go all-in" is nit shit that leaves wayyyy too much $$ on the table.

So see the draw and bet them the fuck out, imo.

At these stakes at least.

I'm only a somewhat nit live.

Just started another sesh

So see the draw and bet them the fuck out, imo.

At these stakes at least.

I'm only a somewhat nit live.
Eh, no, people don't really fold enough at these stakes. We want to bet monster draws simply because we have the equity. And when we don't hit, don't be upset about it, because if we had correct equity against opponents perceived range, it's a +EV play.

It's complicated stevey lol.

Want me to sit at your table?? Haha

See it isn't for what I'm doing, imo.

They win the $3 bet, ok.

I get the big one and I trap them into when I have it in good.

Guy just called me $3 big guy and I took off with $10 more.

That's the whole point for what I'm doing here man.

Oh wait you are on stars not acr, damn

Want me to sit at your table?? Haha

That's be cool actually, you're not in PA are you? Pokerstarspa has tracking and shit.

Oh wait you are on stars not acr, damn

Yes sir. Starspa. It is a very thin field but those instant pp withdrawals, if you can beat it? priceless.

See it isn't for what I'm doing, imo.

They win the $3 bet, ok.

I get the big one and I trap them into when I have it in good.

Guy just called me $3 big guy and I took off with $10 more.

That's the whole point for what I'm doing here man.
Then why the hell did you check-pot with just a pair of deuces on the A6dd hand?

And why pot-call-off in the AA hand? Why not check back and see if you fill up on river?

Ok now that is a damn good point.

I'll think about tht after figuring out if I have enough beer to get through this sesh and if I don't, what I'm gonna do about it lmao.

GoPuff is out and I ain't walking the streets drunk and risking getting hit by the po or the bums.

YES, PLO is all about drawing to the nuts and getting it in with big hands. But you are going to lose sometimes. And sometimes you are going to get it in with top set and your opponent will have a combo flush and straight draw and you'll just be flipping. That's PLO.

Ok now that is a damn good point.

I'll think about tht after figuring out if I have enough beer to get through this sesh and if I don't, what I'm gonna do about it lmao.

GoPuff is out and I ain't walking the streets drunk and risking getting hit by the po or the bums.
Well keep in mind you played both of those hands correctly lol so figure out why that is instead of trying to overcorrect :D

I think I have a very aggro strategy that doesn't agree with you but let's ride it out.

Well the nice thing is that you are winning, that's all that matters.

But at some point you are going to have to figure out what the hell you are doing because "very aggro" and "only get it in with the nuts" are not concepts that align lol

Unless the entire thing is a trap. You pretend you're so aggro because what is that, a $1.75 bet?

Then when they all think you're the fish, boom you collect the $10, $20, $30 pots.

Online thing, small stakes.

Would NEVER work live.

It's fukkin funny but I just won $6 more and they'll be chasing me more.

Then maybe I'll have the nuts or something.

The whole thing is hilarious but not if it's straight profit.

This is a serious angle, imo.

Unless the entire thing is a trap. You pretend you're so aggro because what is that, a $1.75 bet?

Then when they all think you're the fish, boom you collect the $10, $20, $30 pots.

Online thing, small stakes.

Would NEVER work live.

It's fukkin funny but I just won $6 more and they'll be chasing me more.

Then maybe I'll have the nuts or something.

The whole thing is hilarious but not if it's straight profit.

This is a serious angle, imo.
I see what you are saying. Splash around a ton in small pots to build image that you are a fish and then only play big pots when you actually have it.

Yeah that's just good PLO. Go nuts.

You are going to hit cold spells though. Going to have to have the discipline to stick to your game during those instead of getting frustrated and actually blowing up. Good luck!