Stanley Cup Playoffs

• Start date
  • Replies 29 Comments
  • Views 2,656 Views
Philadelphia%20Flyers%20Logo%20Design.JPG

Homer but not homo!

If Pronger is close to 100% healthy then the Flyers will be a tough team to beat.

As long as Montreal gets the shit kicked out of them plommer will be happy.

Hopefully Chara cracks more habs skulls.

concussed, here's a word you never used to hear. :pucky:

The best Series value is without doubt Vancouver over Chicago.

-212 at Pinnacle (well it was before the site went down) is incredible value. This number should be up near -300 or slightly higher. The only reason it isn`t is because of Vancouver`s history against the Hawks in the playoffs. But this isn`t anywhere near the same Hawk team and Vancouver does not, and has no reason to fear them.

Washington at the same price over NY Rangers is also good value. Again this should be much higher, but Washington`s history is keeping the line down. This isn`t the same Caps team as years past and the Rangers are to terrible a team to take advantage of any slip ups they may have.

And for those who must play plus money, the best value on the board in these eyes is Buffalo. Though the value isn`t near the degree the other two are, getting near +150 against a team with a suspect back end and who`s play leading into the playoffs was spotty at best is hard to pass up.

Cobra,

I could easily see this Chicago team upsetting Vancouver. Vancouver has padded stats. They are the best team in the league because of their division. Calgary, Colorado, Minnesota, Edmonton, they were the only team in their division to make the playoffs. Luongo isn't always there either. He is very porous at times. They are banged up on the blue line, as well. Chicago has played ok as of late and I think a fire has been lit under their ass. It's not going to be easy for Vancouver at all.

I was hoping for a Vancouver vs Dallas first round matchup, I would have unloaded on Vancouver.

Not now.

Cobra,

I could easily see this Chicago team upsetting Vancouver. Vancouver has padded stats. They are the best team in the league because of their division. Calgary, Colorado, Minnesota, Edmonton, they were the only team in their division to make the playoffs.

That's a fair point. But then again Chicago only went 10-9-1 against that division.

Go Nucks.

The Habs will not be able to handle the more physically powerful Bruins. Bruins are also waymore skilled up, front ont eh back end adn also in goal. Price is playing well, but he's not as mentally strong and mature as Thomas.
QUOTE]

The prblem with the Bruins this year is that they haven;t always used their size and physcial strength to theire advantage.

If they play physical throughout the series Montreal will lose in 5.

Chicago isn't as deep as they were up the middle last year. However as is sometimes the case (see Montreal vs Boston circa 2002, 2004, and 2008) sometimes you just get into a team's head.

Going to take a flier on Chicago + money in game one. If they pull an upset, they could be trouble.

Big difference from last years team, but Hawks should be loose. Lots of expectations for the Canuks.

Coyotes to win series +170

Edit: Lightning to win series +125

Last edited: