Sports Stories you Might Have Missed

• Start date
  • Replies 70 Comments
  • Views 3,704 Views
i

The Miami Marlins are in third place now.

Chicken pox outbreak hits Kansas City Royals

Two Kansas City Royals players, pitcher Kelvin Herrera and right fielder Alex Rios, have come down with the chicken pox and their teammates are being monitored for signs of the infection, team officials announced on Tuesday.

:nelson:
............................:royals:

Something about Iceland.

:littleboy:

I don't know why I find this mistaken arrest of James Blake funny, but I do.

MOSCOW -- Vladimir Putin has given Russian citizenship to former world heavyweight boxing champion Roy Jones Jr.

A decree published on the Kremlin's website in the Russian president's name Saturday said the American, a four-weight champion once regarded by many as the world's best boxer, had been given Russian nationality.

Jones asked Putin for citizenship in August over a cup of tea when they met in Crimea -- the territory annexed by Russia last year -- saying it would make doing business in Russia much easier.

:dunno:

200 to 1 Flavia Pennetta won the US Open at age 33 and announced her retirement right after.

PqsaZNT.jpg

:italia:

:clap:

Yeah I kinda thought that tourney would basically be a coronation march for Serena Williams

but NOPE

Biking Across America on a Diet of Fast Food

Fueled by Pop-Tarts and Little Debbies, 52-year-old software engineer Kurt Searvogel is out to break the record for the greatest distance pedaled in a year. What motivates a man to ride more than 200 miles a dayevery day, rain or shine, hot or cold, sunrise to sunset?

kurt-searvogel-in-van_h.jpg

http://www.outsideonline.com/2039276/hello-i-must-be-going

He has broken the record.

Searvogel breaks 75,065-mile record for annual cycling mileage

By Spencer Powlison
Published Jan. 4, 2016

Apparently 18 NFL teams have officially applied for permission to relocate to Los Angeles.

That may not be true.

I was just reading that the relocation fee is going to be in the neighbourhood of $550 million per team.

sure, he's one of the greatest goal scorers if not the greatest. His shots find the net. But he's no Pavel
datsyuk-120119-940-thumb-620xauto-168469.jpg

also, how did Brett Hull become such a big name? I always thought of him as Bobby's no good kid. Is he now considered a bigger deal than his father? (If that's even possible)

86-goal season, pal. Three consecutive 70+ goal seasons.