Sorry Vegasdave

• Start date
  • Replies 38 Comments
  • Views 2,617 Views
Wow, I thought you were a Flyers fan? Now you are going to root for a hated rival because you are starstruck? Not a very legit fan.

Ilya's true colors showed today, and I'm happy not to have him.

The Devils will most certainly be a contender this year, but they are an aging team that will not only lose Brodeur and others to age soon, but will also likely lose Parise (a better player than Kovalchuk, mind you) when he's due for a raise thanks to being saddled with Kovalchuk's contract.

Not only are the Kings a great young team with a great young nucleus, but they are also cap-responsible as well. Taking a little less money, Ilya could have been a part of what appears to have the makings of a perennial contender in the west.

He decided money was more important. He's not the type of guy I want on my team.

Flyers fan. Always been a Kovalchuk fan since he came into the league in 2001...Be being a fan of him has nothing to do with the recent related stuff to him. It is ok, your upset the all star didnt wanna go to the Kings, its ok

Dave,

Are you hearing any new Kaberle to the Kings rumors out there? I am hearing a few Kaberle to SJ rumors, but no new Kings rumors.

Flyers fan. Always been a Kovalchuk fan since he came into the league in 2001...Be being a fan of him has nothing to do with the recent related stuff to him. It is ok, your upset the all star didnt wanna go to the Kings, its ok

I'm not upset at all.

That's fine that you are a Kovalchuk fan, so am I, he's an electrifying player. That said, I wouldn't wear his jersey and root against my team when he came to town.

I'm not upset at all.

That's fine that you are a Kovalchuk fan, so am I, he's an electrifying player. That said, I wouldn't wear his jersey and root against my team when he came to town.

When did I say root against my team? I said I root for him, when he scores i stand and clap when the flyers score I stand and clap

Dave,

Are you hearing any new Kaberle to the Kings rumors out there? I am hearing a few Kaberle to SJ rumors, but no new Kings rumors.

You know how I feel about rumors. Validated by the Kovalcuk saga... all the rumor mongers had him finishing up his deal with LA, did any have the "sources" that he was staying in NJ? It's all nonsense.

Burke and Dean will undoubtedly talk, but my guess is Kaberle will go elsewhere, as Lombardi won't overpay for a one-year contract while other teams will.

You know how I feel about rumors. Validated by the Kovalcuk saga... all the rumor mongers had him finishing up his deal with LA, did any have the "sources" that he was staying in NJ? It's all nonsense.

Burke and Dean will undoubtedly talk, but my guess is Kaberle will go elsewhere, as Lombardi won't overpay for a one-year contract while other teams will.

Actually one place did say he was staying in Jersey, the whole hand skaking deal between Kovalchuk and devils GM that took place weeks ago..apparently devils gm (whats his name?) is old school like that and Kovlachuk is like that as well, from what Im reading

Actually one place did say he was staying in Jersey, the whole hand skaking deal between Kovalchuk and devils GM that took place weeks ago..apparently devils gm (whats his name?) is old school like that and Kovlachuk is like that as well, from what Im reading

If you don't know Lou Lamoriello's name, I can't talk hockey with you anymore.

Lol at papa not knowing who Lou is!

I don't see kab going to LA they are pretty solid on D.

Yes, but we could use another puck-moving dman. Doughty is phenomenal at it, Johnson is solid. Scuderi and Greene are great defensive defenseman, but not great offensively. Hickey/Voinov could win a spot out of camp and be that guy, but a proven commodity like Kaberle wouldn't hurt.

That said, I agree he likely won't end up in LA, knowing Dean's MO.

Wow, I thought you were a Flyers fan? Now you are going to root for a hated rival because you are starstruck? Not a very legit fan.

Ilya's true colors showed today, and I'm happy not to have him.

The Devils will most certainly be a contender this year, but they are an aging team that will not only lose Brodeur and others to age soon, but will also likely lose Parise (a better player than Kovalchuk, mind you) when he's due for a raise thanks to being saddled with Kovalchuk's contract.

Not only are the Kings a great young team with a great young nucleus, but they are also cap-responsible as well. Taking a little less money, Ilya could have been a part of what appears to have the makings of a perennial contender in the west.

He decided money was more important. He's not the type of guy I want on my team.

Papa you couldn't lick Dave's ball sack even if he let ya....... your an ass.

I am hearing that Kabs to L.A. could happen for sure. Young Schenn's name is being tossed around coming back to Toronto to play with his brother. Interesting stuff.

Lombardi is an idiot if he ends up getting bullied around by Burke and loses Schenn.

In Burkie we trust. This guy is a top hockey executive who can make any trade happen. Look at the Calgary deal. No one saw that one coming. Look at the unloading of Blake (not trying to be an ass here Blitty) and his hideous contract. Certainly no one saw that one coming. Unloading that locker room cancer Jason Blake was the act of a magician. I still don't know how he managed to do that.

I am hearing that Kabs to L.A. could happen for sure. Young Schenn's name is being tossed around coming back to Toronto to play with his brother. Interesting stuff.

I can tell you with the utmost certainty that Schenn is NOT going to Toronto, as much as Burke wants that, especially for only one year of Kaberle.

In Burkie we trust. This guy is a top hockey executive who can make any trade happen. Look at the Calgary deal. No one saw that one coming. Look at the unloading of Blake (not trying to be an ass here Blitty) and his hideous contract. Certainly no one saw that one coming. Unloading that locker room cancer Jason Blake was the act of a magician. I still don't know how he managed to do that.

I agree that our GM is an idiot. Although blake kinds fits in on the 'cancer line' with koivu, teemu...etc.

Pucky, burke won us a cup. Do you really think he will get you guys one too?

Boston thanks you for Seguin.