• Replies 35 Comments
  • Views 1,210 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Residents of my apt complex are 50 and up, so finding someone dead is not unusual. Happens many times a year.

Today the cops showed up in droves when they got a call from a PSW who discovered the body of a woman that lives a few units down from me.

The cops always show up to investigate a death, and usually one police car remains until the autopsy is complete and no foul play determined.

Today there were dozens of marked and unmarked cars with detectives and uniforms all over the place. They canvassed every unit including mine. When I saw a woman headed to my apt at first I though she was a volunteer from some church group bringing some gift/food for Christmas as sometimes happens, had no idea she was a cop until I saw the badge. I knew something was up when she asked if I had any cam footage from the front of my apt.

Right now the forensic vehicles are still on site doing what they do, a huge area is off limits with police tape.

So the story goes this woman was divorced from an abusive husband. I'm not too concerned that there is someone out there randomly entering apts here to kill people.
Obviously it was someone she knew that killed her. Which means 100% they will figure out who is responsible and charge him with murder.

Last edited:
When will the Dateline episode air pal
Dunno, but it will be on the news eventually. I'm interested to learn the details.
We get a few murders a year, close to 100% of the time the victim knew their killer.

In Detroit stranger on stranger violence/murder is common, across the river in Windsor its extremely rare.
Most murders here are domestic or drug/alcohol related.

Was just looking at stats. Windsor set a record in 2018 with 10 homicides.

The record for longest stretch without a murder is 27 months.

Avg is about 3 per year.

The ex husband obviously did it.
1sly82.jpg

Could your camera possibly gotten anything interesting? You gave them the footage? Did they interview you?

Rouge when the cop asked for the vid footage I was thinking exactly that. I had that cam up and running for 3 weeks and then it just crapped out and died. I'll replace it again in the spring.

Could your camera possibly gotten anything interesting? You gave them the footage? Did they interview you?
They didn't interview me at great length, just the usual, "did you see/hear anything last night" etc. Asked me for my name and DOB which I gave them.

Rouge when the cop asked for the vid footage I was thinking exactly that. I had that cam up and running for 3 weeks and then it just crapped out and died. I'll replace it again in the spring.

:ohmy: :facepalm

a person loses their life and they can only write a 205 words article

a person loses their life and they can only write a 205 words article
Well it is a holiday and there isn't much to report as of yet. The Windsor Police haven't said much about this incident. I'm sure there will be more news coverage in the next few days when things get back to normal. A murder story is big news here.

I'm also 100% certain the police know who they are looking for and will probably make an arrest soon if they haven't already.

There has been an arrest according to my neighbor, he says its the son of one of the other residents here.

Still nothing official from Windsor Police, yet. They are waiting for toxicology and autopsy results.

So close to the world being a better place.

This murder is even better.

WALLACEBURG – The neighbours of a 94-year-old Wallaceburg man were in shock Tuesday after he was charged with second-degree murder in connection with his 89-year-old wife’s Boxing Day death.

“They were just a very nice older couple,” a neighbour in their apartment complex said Tuesday. “They did a lot of stuff together, and I’m just shocked.
“They went out walking every day and they just seemed so nice.”
The residents of the apartment complex woke up on Boxing Day morning to a heavy police presence. The accused’s apartment unit was cordoned off by police tape while officers interviewed residents about the death.
Chatham-Kent police were initially called to a Margaret Avenue home in Wallaceburg at about 3:30 a.m. Saturday, where an elderly woman was found without vital signs.
Despite attempts to revive her, she was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
After an investigation, police arrested and charged the 94-year-old accused Saturday.