• Replies 17 Comments
  • Views 1,058 Views

roguejuror

rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
Now smileys autocomplete as you're typing them.

:blittyindacity:

Easier smiley box.

:canyesparesomecuttermebrothers:

With search also.

:littleboy:

and with recently use on top.

:ahawut:

See video how

I just tried using my beloved handshake smiley. It was autocompleting for me as I typed - so good - but the actual smiley now looks like a little stain.

🤝

🤝

I see Muddy, there's a conflict between smiley and emoji using the same code, I'll look how to fix it.

Yeah I am not digging some of these little yellow emojis. They just look kinda like stains.

This one was used recently 👌

Turns out it is a hand doing the OK gesture.

I thought it was a toilet.

I just went to use the old "thinking" smiley but I got a new yellow guy. It's not terrible. You can see that it is a guy thinking.

🤔

But still - and sorry, I'm not meaning to be a bitch; I just want to make sure I understand - are the old ones completely gone, or do you just have to do something different to get at them?

What happened is that the smiley and emoji system got rewritten in this new version and now are set together. If an emoji and a smiley share the same code then the emoji takes precedence. I know it sucks, thing is the emojis are hard coded and I can't change them unless I rewrite a bunch of code, the easy way is to rename the smiley code to something else.

And you gave me an idea, now that they auto complete, if I take out the last letter of the code (the last colon) of the smiley then the smiley now takes precedence appearing when typing.

:handshake

:thinking

Now we can use the same muscle memory with an slightly different code. Is this acceptable?

:handshake

:thinking

btw if your hit Enter on your keyboard while typing for a smiley and the smiley auto complete popup has already appeared then you don't need to finish typing the smiley code, by hitting Enter it'll just add it to the post.

:canyesparesomecuttermebrothers: ah, gotta remember the can. Problem has been, I don't remember how some of them start, so looking through each letter is not feasible. Was easier when you can see whole screen of em.

reno with the smiley auto complete you don't have to type it from the start, any part of the word can find it

I just tried using my beloved handshake smiley. It was autocompleting for me as I typed - so good - but the actual smiley now looks like a little stain.

I see Muddy, there's a conflict between smiley and emoji using the same code, I'll look how to fix it.

What happened is that the smiley and emoji system got rewritten in this new version and now are set together. If an emoji and a smiley share the same code then the emoji takes precedence. I know it sucks, thing is the emojis are hard coded and I can't change them unless I rewrite a bunch of code, the easy way is to rename the smiley code to something else.

This is fix Muddy. Did the hard way.

Now all smileys have precedence over God damn emojis like it fucking should be and as is written in Genesis 1:32.

:handshake: :handhshake:

:thinking: :thinking:

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Old codes are back.

smileys are in much better shape than they were the last go around. well done Captain