• Views 1,594 Views

senco78

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
1st so called little ditty I wrote all by my lonesome:mmike:

excuse the missed/wrong notes here and there.. shit happens

picked up the geetar last Sept, not knowing shit about how to play except a little about timing and rhythm.

welcome any and all ball busting, shit throwing critques :grabsome:
especially from matty, cougs, and muddy

commentary toward the end goes something like this:
" daddy wheres that thing. that thing for disc, for scratched up game...wheres that stuff"
something like that... I couldnt be bothered with finding the windex at the time.

and didnt someone here post a way to get scratches out of disc... believe it was the jagimiester loving DJ guy???
forget the method but it sounded to good to be true???
willing to try if anyone remembers

sand them out w/ some 4000 grit paper, similar to headlight refurbishing maybe???

Last edited:
Well, it neither made the dog lose his appetite nor start howling so I'm thinking that is all the endorsement needed.

I’m sure there are some who can critique your performance but as for me, I just think it’s pretty impressive to go from nothing to where you are is such a seemingly (considering all the other things going on) small amount of time.

Good job Mmike. It’s not yet Heavenly Ham worthy but is suspect it soon will be.

Senco I think you sould great man, almost sounds like you are playing a 12 string, very thick sound

That kid is a future lead man :greencheck:

I like it Senco!!
Steve-play some harmonica to back him up.

Senco-it sounds like your child has quite the accent, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?
Also, I like your dog, I want it.

WELL DONE!:grabsome:

Last edited:
Will watch at home tonight

Getting to be a talented group here

good stuff senco

I like it Senco!!
Steve-play some harmonica to back him up.

Senco-it sounds like your child has quite the accent, if you don't mind me asking, where are you from?
Also, I like your dog, I want it.

WELL DONE!:grabsome:

we are born/bred in South GA

we are born/bred in South GA

I see. I was born/bread/raised in PA.
My bio dads side of the family is from TN though, they used to come visit a lot, and if you spent enough time around them,
or anyone with a heavy accent, I swear it becomes contageous. :lol:

Positives: Sounds like you are able to change chords with ease and without seeing what you are playing sounds like you have mastered a few different finger positions. Also a cool dog.

Negatives: Some of the chords are muted, and what I mean by that is we are hearing half the chord and you're already on to the next one before I can hear the full sound of the chord. Players will mute chords for effect, but I don't think that was your intent here.

Overall Critique: B+ high marks for figuring out something to play so quickly (not sure if it's original but sounded like it) and even to get it uploaded (take note Wally). I would say things to work on would be playing one part of the song over and over again and hearing the full sound of the chord before changing. I know you like metal songs so maybe it's the want/need to hear fast changes and those things happen over time.

Very impressive first vid Mikey. :goodforyou: looking forward to future vids

Hey I remember that doggy from an earlier pic. He's got some character, that guy.

Nice playing. As has been said but so true: great progress in a short period of time.

The only criticism I have at the moment is your thread title. The term "swan song" generally means a farewell or final gesture, so I thought you were leaving us. Glad you're not and everything - but don't be throwing a scare into people.

Positives: Sounds like you are able to change chords with ease and without seeing what you are playing sounds like you have mastered a few different finger positions. Also a cool dog.

Negatives: Some of the chords are muted, and what I mean by that is we are hearing half the chord and you're already on to the next one before I can hear the full sound of the chord. Players will mute chords for effect, but I don't think that was your intent here.

Overall Critique: B+ high marks for figuring out something to play so quickly (not sure if it's original but sounded like it) and even to get it uploaded (take note Wally). I would say things to work on would be playing one part of the song over and over again and hearing the full sound of the chord before changing. I know you like metal songs so maybe it's the want/need to hear fast changes and those things happen over time.

Very impressive first vid Mikey. :goodforyou: looking forward to future vids

ah hah!!!
I hear it now that you mention it. sounds like I'm rushing into the next chord.
really not into much metal music... Tool is about as heavy as I listen to often. My opinion of metal is the RAH RAH vocals shit.... hate it
I've learned most major and minor chords... maybe a few of the "sus's" or whatever they are.
switching to and from bar chords is still bitch... and havent even tried to learn scales yet

Muddy, the dog had aqua blue eyes when we got him. Now on 1 eye the top 1/2 is brown and bottom 1/2 is blue... strange

Mikey what I remember of learning the guitar you're way ahead of where I was when I first started.

Playing guitar is so 1991.

I'm kidding around you fvcktards

Keep at it, Sencster. You're doing well (and more importantly, you're having fun doing it).

I learned to play guitar by learning Fugazi songs and by listening to Nile Rodgers play guitar.

Odd combo but I liked the end result.

could the cause of muted notes be :
not enough pressure on strings or just getting ahead of myself?
or both?

going from playing the acoustic to electric screws me all up
hardly ever play electric though
2 different beast IMO

Chalk it up to the amount of time you've been playing.

I'm going with:

Your fingers relative to the frets. Chords just aren't clean consistently.

Don't over think it. You're doing great.

If you haven't already learned how to play one of your favorite songs yet, I'd do that soon. Get those chords sounding shiny.

Then start singing along with the chords.

Doing two things at once will really strengthen those fingers.