• Start date
  • Replies 17 Comments
  • Views 1,111 Views

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Visiting for the first time in about a month.

:dunno:

I think I’m staying in the Queen Anne part of town.

Friend is getting married. Going to see a Mariners game.

Heard the Metropolitan Grill is incredible

Just made a reservation on Open Table for The Metropolitan Grill.

Common one time.

Tronner, this list sums up my last trip there:

2BF1B307-B73C-41D5-B498-225120CA739A.png

Also did Mariners game, some island you take ferry to, the Other needle/view point that’s better than touristy one, ogre under bridge

Mariners fans are a joke, it's sad. Great bullpens. Ate at Sitka and Spruce, avoid it (pretentious). Top Pot donuts. Bill and Melinda Gates foundation is free and enlightening, they good peeps. We sprung for chihuly, thought it was worth it. Didnt do the needle (we generally avoid paying to go up high). If you have time for a trip go hike Rainer, cascades or Olympic.

Mariners fans are a joke, it's sad.

The Mariners have the longest playoff drought in all of professional sports (18 years).

I’m curious as to why Mariners fans are a “joke”. :dunno:

Year I went they were contending for a playoff spot and there were less than 10k fans in the park on a 75 degree sunny fall Sat. Joke.

I think any fan that attends a game of a team that hasn’t made the playoffs in 18 years deserves a Medal Of Honor.

WAY more difficult being a Mariners, Marlins, Orioles fan than being a fan of the Yankees and Dodgers. I’m always amazed when Yankee and Dodger fans judge fans of teams that excel in front office incompetence.

“Browns fans are the worst” -New England Patriots fan.

Sorry. Shoulda checked with you first.

Enjoy the trip.

Seattle’s NHL Team will have an AHL minor league team in:

Palm Springs, CA

ATA

Did you end up going Tron?

Yes.

Maybe it’s because I spent 3 days in NYC a few days before Seattle but I found Seattle to be unremarkable.

I went to a Mariners game, though. GREAT ballpark with outstanding areas to watch batting practice. A lot of outfield seats feel very close the field as well (along the foul lines). It’s literally right next door to where the Seahawks play.

I enjoyed the cool weather but it’s not a city I would go back to. I would like to go to Vancouver.

Vancouver is very similar.

Equally decent cities.

Cool, I would still like to go, there and Portland, but do more nature type stuff, see the whales, trails, cabins that type

Cool, I would still like to go there but do more nature type stuff, see the whales, trails, cabins that type

This reminds me......when I flew out of Seattle my next destination was Las Vegas. Shortly after take off we flew pretty close to Mount Rainer.
‘Twas quite a remarkable sight