SBR Sponsor Bet Islands steals over a million dollars from players

• Start date
  • Replies 657 Comments
  • Views 68,397 Views
straw manning = playing or being dumb.

(for those that don't get choo.)

Plommer is that cause often in movies the dumb blonde at the bar is twisting her straw?
Plommer I gotta admit until you cleared it up I was one of the lost ones.

hello Oksy, taking a little break are we?

from where?

i've been a bit busy with xmas parties for 3yos and whatnot but i'm not taking a break. i've actually posted here more this week on avg than prob the past 920. (yes i know duriot, that number isn't even viable. Bazingfuckya)

He tries to use that supposed slur on many of us. I'm not sure he realises that 1. I at least am dumb and 2.

the tattoo I'd want to get is of this man

strawman.jpg

a slur?

he is just saying that Ray is arguing against a "straw man", or in other words: points that are off topic of what Choo has posted. I haven't read their back and forth so I don't know if Ray was setting up some off kilter off the way extreme example to make points against.

maybe Choo, over uses the straw man argument references.

Osky, since everyone seems to be grasping and since I like a good conspiracy story even if just for laughs.

JJ, departed SBR well before the light was shed on BetIslands this week or the accusations of SBR's involvement to whatever extent. However there were, from post and or threads that were apparently deleted, some warnings well before the past couple of weeks that something was up with BetIslands.

So here's the tinfoil helmet question. Think JJ knew and flew?

I know what straw manning is. RayRay uses it on me when he can't win an argument.

Getting things like a credit card as a non-resident/citizen and or opening bank accounts. New US tax laws make banks very non interested in having us citizens as clients.

Also getting an id seems unlikely.

A secured credit card from Capital One or Home Trust is easy and anyone can get one as long as they have a minimum of $300 to post up.

Most Canadian banks have a presence in the USA, RBC, TD, CIBC & BMO.

RBC allows clients to link their Canadian accounts at branches in Canada with their US banks, TD is also allowing this.

As long as you have a social insurance number you can get a Canadian bank account, social insurance numbers issued to people with no immigration status or who are non citizens get a SIN starting with the number 9 this identifies the person as a non citizen.

SIN numbers starting with the number 9 are routinely issued to foreigners so they may open bank accounts.

Ontario will issue a drivers license to a foreigner, the photo will be in black and white, Canadian citizens are issued licenses with a colour photo. Canadian provincial governments recognize US drivers licenses as valid and will exchange a US license for a Canadian one.

The US and Canada have reciprocal agreements in place regarding taxation, it's not uncommon for Americans to be temporary residents in Canada and vice versa.

I am 95% confident that the methods I listed will work.

Obviously I cannot guarantee 100% success.

Former poster Ragewizard had mentioned that he was setup in Canada using the methods I've described. He used to travel frequently from Pennsylvania to Toronto.

Last edited:
a slur?

he is just saying that Ray is arguing against a "straw man", or in other words: points that are off topic of what Choo has posted. I haven't read their back and forth so I don't know if Ray was setting up some off kilter off the way extreme example to make points against.

maybe Choo, over uses the straw man argument references.

choo has used the straw man thing many times... against me, against other posters, against ray

I understand what he's getting at but considering it's a very common forum trait, his batteries might die if he tries to repel it all. Personally I don't realise when I'm doing it and I'll assume others don't either. All of us have said pretty crappy things here to each other, both in and out of context, and they're forgotten about or later explained and understood. Not sure. I just wish the best for everyone. I'm sure I'll fuck up in the way I respond or phrase things again in the future so I'll just apologise now for all of 2013.

Osky, since everyone seems to be grasping and since I like a good conspiracy story even if just for laughs.

JJ, departed SBR well before the light was shed on BetIslands this week or the accusations of SBR's involvement to whatever extent. However there were, from post and or threads that were apparently deleted, some warnings well before the past couple of weeks that something was up with BetIslands.

what would he be flying from though? even if SBR really was culpable, JJ would be the least affected.

choo has used the straw man thing many times... against me, against other posters, against ray

I understand what he's getting at but considering it's a very common forum trait, his batteries might die if he tries to repel it all. Personally I don't realise when I'm doing it and I'll assume others don't either. All of us have said pretty crappy things here to each other, both in and out of context, and they're forgotten about or later explained and understood. Not sure. I just wish the best for everyone. I'm sure I'll fuck up in the way I respond or phrase things again in the future so I'll just apologise now for all of 2013.

you went from a straw man fallacy argument, to over-tin-manning, you have too much heart, and you don't even know it!!!!

Cutting ties Arch not anything illegal.

Arch, it's Thursday afternoon conjecture.

100% you can cut off my right foot and hand answer = no. JJ and I talked many times about BI. And about other offshore books. But it was in the context of that he had now gained access to UK and Aussie books and saw how heavily regulated they were which made him happy. He never would've tried to negotiate for SBR to take him back 2 - 6 days later if that were the case.

And then again when it became clear EOG couldn't/wouldn't pay him anything close to what he was getting from SBR. That was within a week and a half after. I was the go between.

So no, nothing to do with BI. 100000000% no.

JJ would never recommend a book like BI.

Oksana;429448He never would've tried to negotiate for SBR to take him back 2 - 6 days later if that were the case. And then again when it became clear EOG couldn't/wouldn't pay him anything close to what he was getting from SBR. That was within a week and a half after. I was the go between. So no

A secured credit card from Capital One or Home Trust is easy and anyone can get one as long as they have a minimum of $300 to post up.

Most Canadian banks have a presence in the USA, RBC, TD, CIBC & BMO.

RBC allows clients to link their Canadian accounts at branches in Canada with their US banks, TD is also allowing this.

As long as you have a social insurance number you can get a Canadian bank account, social insurance numbers issued to people with no immigration status or who are non citizens get a SIN starting with the number 9 this identifies the person as a non citizen.

SIN numbers starting with the number 9 are routinely issued to foreigners so they may open bank accounts.

Ontario will issue a drivers license to a foreigner, the photo will be in black and white, Canadian citizens are issued licenses with a colour photo. Canadian provincial governments recognize US drivers licenses as valid and will exchange a US license for a Canadian one.

The US and Canada have reciprocal agreements in place regarding taxation, it's not uncommon for Americans to be temporary residents in Canada and vice versa.

I am 95% confident that the methods I listed will work.

Obviously I cannot guarantee 100% success.

Former poster Ragewizard had mentioned that he was setup in Canada using the methods I've described. He used to travel frequently from Pennsylvania to Toronto.

So even you if you get all that which everyone I know has had difficulties, MoneyBookers/Pinnacle require a utility bill ( non cell phone).

So even you if you get all that which everyone I know has had difficulties, MoneyBookers/Pinnacle require a utility bill ( non cell phone).

I don't have any utility bills in my name.

I sent credit card and/or bank statements with my address - they were accepted.

Rito - the statement "everyone I know has had difficulties," - how many people are you talking about, 1, 2, 100?

I would suspect that any problems they have had were magnified by the fact they are outsiders unfamiliar with the Canadian system and experienced difficulty overcoming obstacles.