• Start date
  • Replies 18 Comments
  • Views 1,347 Views

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
This is a game I have reservation about. It did stick out but I didn't have that overwhelming feeling. Keeping it light today.

Todays Play:

Tampa Bay Rays -195 :square:

Muddy's back onboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Muddy, I watched a documentary yesterday about Townsend Van Zandt, ever hear of him?

No. Usually I am head-full-of-useless-knowledge guy but I don't have an inkling about that reference.

He wrote Poncho and Lefty for one. He wrote a few other songs that were picked up by bigger singers. He was a well known Blues and Folk singer albeit more or less on a very underground level I guess. Guy used to huff glue through a sock in his mouth as he slept. He was a huge alcoholic, at one point he was shooting up burban and coke with his girlfriend soon to be wife according to witnesses.

While his actual singing leaves something to be desired he actually wrote some good sogs. Waiting To Die was a cool song for the genre he was in.

If interested you can go to Hulu under movies and do a search on him to watch the documentary.

still get chills from this version of waiting around to die

He said he dreamed this song, woke up and wrote it start to finish

Interesting maneuver, hijacking your own thread.

I know right, start out with a play for the day and a concert breaks out.

i saw it. it was good, but i think its overrated.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was skuuuurd. I started off going light but added to the game after Muddy ok'd the play and ended up going balls deep on this game.