Saints V Magpies Rd.3 AFL (Aussie Rules) Thursday Morning Preview (6:10am EST)....

• Start date
  • Replies 21 Comments
  • Views 3,730 Views
Ok ppl,

Been looking forward to this match-up for a few weeks now. Thought id get this in early as aware not that many of us here visit euro sports gambling...Time to change this i think :moped: Lets get into the nitty-gritty then:

Thus far this AFL season both sides are undefeated, but that could easily have not been the case had cellar dwellar candidates Melbourne kicked a late goal against Collingwood. This near miss will undoubtedly spur the Magpies but they are coming up against a side that is scintillatingly hot. Don't expect the Saints to let their foot off the peddle either after a 104-point victory, for they will want to be just as ruthless with the team they defeated in last year's finals.

Scott Pendlebury was solid out of the middle last week for the Magpies but the entire St Kilda engine room was switched on, not to mention their captain and star forward Nick Riewoldt who did as he pleased against the hapless North Melbourne defence.

The pies will somehow have to try and control Sam Gilbert, whose drive out of half-back last week was only matched by his work in marking contests and awkward ability to evade the opposition. He has steadily improved each year since his debut for the Saints and it is not impossible for him become one of the competition's elite players.

So currently just how good is Collingwood? This writer believes somewhere between the side that defeated the Bulldogs and that almost got beaten by Melbourne, the Pies are still a few steps behind St Kilda.

In conclusion the magpies (collingwood) are still getting their team together, particularly its defensive structures and just how best to use Josh Fraser as a ruck/forward. The Saints (St. Kilda) are a slick machine that has everything in place and should come away from this with the points. My wager here is for St. Kilda -17.5 (+104) x2 units as i believe they wil win this game by 30+ points......

This should be a beauty of a game...GL guys and happy wagering...

Good write up.

I agree with the pick. I don't give Collingwood much credit for that victory to the dogs. Saints up 30ish sound about to their capabilities.

I'll play the 3 goals favorite. Lets do this xpy.

I wish we had more Aussie rules coverage here.
Sky generally only cover one live game per week.

I am gonna' tail your pick (small) xpansive.

That pies demons match was for the ages. I had no action on it but damn what a match. A few feet short. I was f up drunk and was exhausted by the end.

Seeing as I seem to be up at 5am these days often, is this shit on internet tv anywhere?

Seeing as I seem to be up at 5am these days often, is this shit on internet tv anywhere?

Its hard to track them but yeah sometimes. I'll post a link if I find one.

My apologees ppz but i made a scheduling error :banghead:. The game wont start until 5:40am friday EST (7:40pm here in Eastern Aussie). Im sorry if i put anyone out here.

Good write up.

I agree with the pick. I don't give Collingwood much credit for that victory to the dogs. Saints up 30ish sound about to their capabilities.

I'll play the 3 goals favorite. Lets do this xpy.

:thumbup: Im quietly very confident about this play RJ and want to go in more. I probably wish i would have come late friday morning....:laugh:

I wish we had more Aussie rules coverage here.
Sky generally only cover one live game per week.

I am gonna' tail your pick (small) xpansive.

Dunder try justin.tv They have had users broadcast every game thus far this season....I understand that streaming through a live webcam may not present the best picture but at least its live action on ur screen :yes:

That pies demons match was for the ages. I had no action on it but damn what a match. A few feet short. I was f up drunk and was exhausted by the end.
Yeah, that match was full of intensity right up til the final siren. Strong, tough and hard to the footy without any concept of self preservation :highfive:

Locked in -15.5.
Nice line...Btw i should note that -17.5 +104 was at betfair...

Me too. My own picks went to shit today so might as well try someone else's. :grin:
Been there and done that :grin:

Id like to get online more and spend time capping more footy games but 'the man' has my time occupied for the next couple of months...Any questions just ask and when i find the time il be more than happy to answer....BOL fellow gamelivearians....

My apologees ppz but i made a scheduling error :banghead:. The game wont start until 5:40am friday EST (7:40pm here in Eastern Aussie). Im sorry if i put anyone out here.

yes, correct

:clap:
Three live matches this week, including this one.

:clap:
Three live matches this week, including this one.

Awesome dunder. Good to see some fellow glp's getting into this sport... Guys just informing you that the line has jumped from 15.5 to 20.5 at some places... Good call if you got in early :highfive:

Down three at HT, I still think we've got this one.
We just need a few more bounces to go our way. Collingwood scoring just on the stroke of HT didn't help though.

Crap. Riewoldt (the saints best player) tore his hamstring.....These are the times that as a capper i cant help but feel like im :deadhorse:

Collingwood's goal kicking has been poor.
But for that we would be dead.

Collingwood's goal kicking has been poor.
But for that we would be dead.

Exactly. Teams dont usually get this many oportunities against the saints. Will deplete their stocks for a few weeks as so many injuries this game...High level of intensity :yes: Looking forward to this final quarter.....

Last edited:
One-way traffic in Q4.
Lookin' good.