Round 8 AFL Action. Kangaroos Vs Crows at Etihad Stadium 5:10amEST 5/15/10

• Start date
  • Replies 21 Comments
  • Views 3,428 Views
The Adelaide Crows last week departed the train wreck that was the 1st six rounds of its season to record their 1st win in 2010 as they took out Richmond by a scoreboard flatterring 50 points. An 8 goal final term their saving grace, almost resigning the tigers to the wooden spoon. Contrastingly, the Kangaroos saw themselves on the end of a 66 point thumping from Collingwood.

The Crows have won on the previous 8 successive occasions against the kangaroos. However, the Roos will be buoyed by what has been an encouraging month of football. A loss to the Crows here would just about spell the death of their 2010 season whilst the kangaroos are looking to hang around the top 8 with victory.

Averaging 4 tackles a game and kicking 3 last week against Collingwood, Kangaroo's lindsay thomas will be looking to evade Adelaide's midfield defence, especialy if Johncock has a down game. Adelaide forward Kurt Tippett also played his best game of the season last weekend. The imposing Queenslander managed just one goal in the opening four rounds, but booted 4.3 against Richmond to take his tally to 10 goals in the past three weeks. Tippett loves the Etihad Stadium surface and will only get better as the team does.

Have the Crows really turned their season around??? They will have to replicate the 4th quarter performance against Richmond of last week if they are to make a statement in this game. How will the Roos respond? Skipper Brent Harvey told his charges not to drop their heads following the hefty loss to Collingwood, but it might be easier said than done for the young, developing team.

For some, the fence might be the best place to sit on this one. Adelaide played just 30 minutes of decent football to get over the line against the Tigers, but thats unlikely to be enough to topple North Melbourne.

To summarize, with the exception of blow-out losses to top-four fancies Collingwood and St Kilda, the Roos have proved to be tough opponents this season and will punish the Crows if they cant compete for four quarters. My loot for this game wil be going on the Crows +10.5 (currently at -108 at betfair) for 2 units .

As always good luck gentlemen :hattip:

wooden spoon = finish in last
top 8 = play off spots

sitting this one out, GL

Two AFL games on ESPN3.com for those that want late night action. :propeller:

wooden spoon = finish in last
top 8 = play off spots

sitting this one out, GL

Correct. Year after year ive seen the crows get off to a slow start, only to turn it on after the 1st couple of months...Guess we will see later this morning how that theory unfolds...:highfive:

Are these ever on american tv? I would love to do one at like 5am, drunk, do some bets on it.

Xpansive I love you.

Are these ever on american tv? I would love to do one at like 5am, drunk, do some bets on it.

Xpansive I love you.

Looking around on net and what can i say, things are looking as ugly as a bulldog chewing a wasp...Aahhh u make me feel about as welcome as a pork-chop in jerusalem bread...Bloody AFL, about as handy as mudflaps on a speedboat when it broadcasting the game outside of oz...I swear their a few dice short of yahtzee at times :yes:

Thought id share some perplexive aussie euphamisms...Guys, a couple of quick things. Crows have never lost against north melb at etihad, winning by average of 6 goals...Game On!!!

Early stages in 1st quarter and the crows have come out the stronger team....Signs looking promising that crows are on song early.....:popcorn:

Who am i kidding :duh: crows are colder than a polar bear's behind atm

The last minute and crows kick another to bring it within 9 points :pink:

From being down by 55 points at 3 quarter time the crows come back to lose by 9 and we miraculously collect :serious::clap::hattip:

Dood...sometimes a win is not worth the stress. 55 points down :banghead:

Nice hit.

Yeah id given up on it at half time only for the boys to turn it on in that final quarter with several unanswered goals...It was a gonner until the fiinal 40 seconds and for once on the right side of a catastrophic set of sporting events