• Replies 14 Comments
  • Views 826 Views

roguejuror

rouge
Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
3. A minimum of 260,027,640 Cups will be produced for this contest. Cups will be available for distribution until April 17,
2019 or while Cup supplies last, whichever occurs first. It is anticipated, based on estimated distribution, that these
Cups will be distributed within five (5) regions (each, a “Region”), as follows:

REGIONAPPROX. GEOGRAPHIC AREA (CANADA)APPROX. NO. OF CUPS
1British Columbia21,094,080
2Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Yukon & Nunavut
3Ontario141,437,280
4Québec33,357,600
5Atlantic Provinces30,200,040

Total approximate retail value of all Prizes is $71,325,038 CDN.

Next we will need info on the odds of winning.

i.e. - what percentage of cups are winners of free coffee, donut, car, house, seat on Elon Musk's first rocket to Mars etc.

Okay I don't know the exact possible prizes but I wonder about that sort of thing.

i.e. - what percentage of cups are winners of free coffee, donut, car, house, seat on Elon Musk's first rocket to Mars etc.

Roll up to your horrible lonely space-death!

Those numbers are staggering. 😲 Canada does run on Tims.

No shit. That's something like 7 coffees for every man, woman and child in the country.

But hey, lately I've been buying one on the way home from work every day so I'll have no problem drinking my quota several times over.

Next we will need info on the odds of winning.

4. The following prizes are available to be won at the beginning of the Contest across Canada in relation to Rolls
(each, a “Prize”):

A) Forty (40) 2019 Jeep Compass North 4x4
B) One hundred (100) $5,000 CDN CIBC Prepaid Card prizes.
C) One thousand (1,000) GT Aggressor Sport Bicycles from SportChek.
D) Fifty thousand (50,000) $50 CDN TimCard® gift card prizes.
E) Forty-three million three hundred thirty-seven thousand nine hundred forty (43,337,940) Coffee & Food
prizes (collectively, the “Coffee & Food Prizes”).

PRIZEREGION 1
(“Winning”
RIM TABS)
REGION 2
(“Winning”
RIM TABS)
REGION 3
(“Winning”
RIM TABS)
REGION 4
(“Winning”
RIM TABS)
REGION 5
(“Winning”
RIM TABS)
2019 Jeep Compass
North Vehicle
$5,000 CIBC Prepaid
Card
GT Aggressor
Sport Bicycle from
SportChek
$50 Tim Card® gift
card

Do you like my spreadsheeting-in-post ability?

I kinda feel like the RUTR promotion is on its last legs though.

They have introduced this new loyalty program - I've got my card! - and the reward is a free thing every 7 purchases - which I think is about the same as RUTR. You could make the case that the replacement process has begun.

Now that's not counting the big prizes - and it also doesn't consider how RUTR has taken on a life as a bit of an annual national thing. Ending it would undoubtedly result in a lot of angst and whining. But I don't think it can go on forever. There are environmental issues that are getting played up more and more. Models need to change.

The whole concept is actually a bit stupid. It's not super-easy to roll up those rims. Awkard. Like, it's do-able obviously but, eh, I dunno.

I give it maybe a few more years.

Agreed. Feels quaint at this point. The Tim Hortons of old is long gone, and rolling up that rim is annoying at best.

Won two coffees last time around, misplaced both winning bits of damp paper cup.

What was the deal with RTR in Vancouver again?

I recall you guys saying something about it was unique to that city.

I don't think so. I think it's just a general nation-wide clusterfuck.

What was the deal with RTR in Vancouver again?

I recall you guys saying something about it was unique to that city.

I was just shitposting about a donut that's not considered a donut for RUTR purposes. T'was a nationwide OUTRAGE.

Ah, yes, donutgate. I remember it well.

Tim Hortons is scrapping Roll Up The Rim cups

Tim Hortons does not identify COVID-19 as the catalyst, but says "the current public health environment" means "it's not the right time for team members...to collect rolled up tabs that have been in people's mouths."

:light:

MagiCans were special, mechanical cans used by The Coca-Cola Company in the United States of America as a part of their $100-million "Magic Summer '90" promotion. The MagiCan promotion began on May 7, 1990, and ended on May 31.

In this promotion, some Coca-Cola cans had cash prizes or gift certificates inside instead of Coca-Cola. The prizes were spring-loaded to pop out of the opening once the can was opened. The prize would either be money, from $1 to $500, or coupons redeemable for trips or merchandise. The total giveaway of cash and prize coupons was $4 million. The original plan was to randomly distribute about 750,000 MagiCans among the 200 million cans of Coca-Cola Classic in circulation at any one time. To make the cans feel and weigh normal, and prevent people from easily finding the prize cans, a sealed area within the cans was filled with a mixture of chlorinated water and a foul-smelling substance to discourage drinking. Though initially a great success, leading to a rise in sales, technical difficulties led to the promotion's early termination.