• Views 747 Views

Blitty

guitartown
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens

I’m 99% sure I got it.

What the fok. Back to the urgent care tomorrow to get anti-biotics.

Move to Tennessee they said.

It will be fun they said.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
The 1% could be way worse. Alpha-Gal syndrome from lonestar ticks:

LoneStar ticks can cause a condition where a person becomes allergic to beef, lamb, pork and sometimes even any milk products. So if you got bitten by one, be watchful of that area. Years ago my son started having allergic reactions to beef and couldn’t figure out why as he had eaten beef all his life. He finally figured out that if he took a Claritin (or such) an hour before eating, he did not have a really bad reaction. He went to an allergist at the time and he said he could do allergy testing but that it sounded like my son had figured out how to deal with it. It was only a few years ago that Vanderbilt released a study and tied this back to the LoneStar tick. The condition caused by these LoneStar tick bites causing allergies is called Alpha Gal Syndrome.

Yes.

Our property back up to forest.

Garden daily.

Dog

What chance of survival are the doctors giving you?

Sorry to hear that Blitty! How's your son with eating beef now?

Just got antibiotics and cream.

Baby G eats grinded up beef mixed with veggie baby food.

fukin hate ticks

you can beat this

Parents get bat shit crazy about Lyme disease here. Between me and Bea we've had 1/2 dozen ticks on us already this year. We definitely check her after a day outside but I'm not saving the fucking things in a bag or taking her in for pre-emptive antibiotics or any of that. Be safe Blitty and little G.

Didn't Bigday from SBR almost die from spotted fever or some crap?

Blitty, have you had any of these other symptoms?
  • Fever
  • Headache
  • Rash
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Stomach pain
  • Muscle pain
  • Lack of appetite

Bigday had good ole fashioned West Nile

cancel the urgent care visit Blitty

MrMonkey has Google

(just in case you don't have access to the internet outside of Gamelive)

Blitty, have you had any of these other symptoms?
  • Fever
  • Headache
  • Rash
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Stomach pain
  • Muscle pain
  • Lack of appetite

Or have you actually confirmed a tick bite?

Monkey I'm with you. Guy probably used some expired skin cream or some shit.

My finger went numb yesterday out of nowhere.

Says I can get gangrene if left untreated

Blitty, just asked cause this what the article stated and seems in most cases fever probably before rash :dunno:

Rash​

Rash is a common sign in people who are sick with RMSF. Rash usually develops 2-4 days after fever begins. The look of the rash can vary widely over the course of illness. Some rashes can look like red splotches and some look like pinpoint dots. While almost all patients with RMSF will develop a rash, it often does not appear early in illness, which can make RMSF difficult to diagnose.