Retirement Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 69 Comments
  • Views 6,135 Views
That's cheap!! I'd rent one of those just for peace and quiet once a week.

Yea I couldn't rent an office in colombia for 1/3 of that. Good thing I bought a house with a huge basement so I could work in it for 5 minutes.

Yea I couldn't rent an office in colombia for 1/3 of that. Good thing I bought a house with a huge basement so I could work in it for 5 minutes.

:lmao:

That's one of the things I miss - basements. I'm not even sure they have them here at all other than houses with underground garages.

Had some good times in basements.

I couldn't imagine living in a house without a basement. I would say that 95% of the homes in NS have finished/unfinished basements.

I couldn't imagine living in a house without a basement. I would say that 95% of the homes in NS have finished/unfinished basements.

Yeah they're pretty awesome. Ours was basically another house with a full kitchen, 2 bedrooms, sauna, bar, games room where my dad stashed all of his man junk, etc. Really cool when I was a teenager. Practically lived down there. I remember my parents having some pretty big parties down there too when I was a kid.

Keep learning to code. There are tons of freelance, telecommuting jobs out there. Especially for scripting languages.

I almost got sucked back into it myself. I turned down a pretty sick offer actually.

Wait seriously? Do these sites have reputation system so if you bust your ass off you get some respect in the "field"?

Don't tease me.

I need me there too. Just need this paperwork to come through and then we're out of here. Not sure how it can take this long to send me a bloody "yes we received your visa app and are processing it" letter. Been a couple of weeks already.

In central america? A year or two maybe.

wow, I missed this earlier. 55 weeks later and I still don't have it.

duriot is the sharpest of the sharp :bowdown:

Wait seriously? Do these sites have reputation system so if you bust your ass off you get some respect in the "field"?

Don't tease me.

I get calls from headhunters every now and then. While I was in college, I would do temp work in the summers. Pretty sweet gigs back then - for a college student especially. I was travelling around the U.S. on the companies' dime and getting paid rather well (my last summer contract was for $40/hour for a 3 month gig). Pretty nice when all of your meals are expensed too. Anyway, from time to time, they'll call me up with some offers. Once you get in with some headhunters with a decent volume of contracts/temp-to-hire (you've finished out contracts for them and have direct, positive feedback/references), it's not hard to find a decent job.

I've never used any websites like vworker or anything like that. They're pretty diluted for decent paying contracts as far as I've seen. Not to mention, they're usually extremely short term.