Reference to god in the national anthem

• Start date
  • Replies 64 Comments
  • Views 4,552 Views
zoolander.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: He's wearing a black face!! hahahahaha :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

there is a movement here to replace our state song. I am good with that. No one knows the one we have any way. But we are replacing the whole song. Not just making changes here and there to suit everyone.

Not to worry, Smitch is heading a campaign to make sure it gets changed to Sweet Home Alabama by Skynyrd.

Auburn fans would never go for that, Scholar, cause the University of Alabama has taken that over. It goes "Sweet home, Alabama .....ROLL TIDE ROLL". It might be a ringtone on my cellphone and I might have played it after every td this past season.

The movement is wanting "Stars Fell On Alabama". I am ok with that.

I could write a GameLive anthem. I think I even kind of started one at one point but got side-tracked and it ended up on the back-burner along with my video about my telephone and some questions I wanted to bring up regarding my spreadsheets.

I have quite a lively back-burner.

That quote has absolutely nothing to do with dogma, or religion for that matter. The idea of a person's "soul" is not intrinsically tied to any religion. It's a very vague concept that can be taken to mean many different things to different people.

Are you implying that Bob Marley was not religious and was not talking about the soul as a spiritual entity? LOL. Listen to Marley again, pal. I suppose he doesn't ever talk about Jah in his lyrics either. Get a clue please.

I don't have a problem with the word god or lord or whatever, my problem is the imaginery friends industry itself. Sure I belive there is something out there that invented hydrogen, gravity, and put in place all the rules, and that is it. He/She/It/ whatever doesn't give a rats ass about you and your problems. My god is a big picture god who is also a hands off god.

So referencing a generic god is OK with me. Then again making carttons about a muslim god is funny to me also, I say fuck them muslim fucks who have no sense of humor. The same goes for the freakin Jews and Christianfucks as well. Budda gets a break, come on the dude has a weight problem.

LOL. That's exactly how I feel. Right on, RW.

Are you implying that Bob Marley was not religious and was not talking about the soul as a spiritual entity? LOL. Listen to Marley again, pal. I suppose he doesn't ever talk about Jah in his lyrics either. Get a clue please.

Focker, I'm not going to be baited into an e-battle with you over this. I know Bob Marley and his convictions very well. I don't think that you have to infer a songwriter's absolute intent of lyrics (as if we could) in order to relate them to our own lives and/or convictions.