Random thoughts

Also, I find that there is a big overlap between obsessive health nuts and obsessive practicioners of that borefest of a board game called Settlers of Catan.

Bearded Hiker Guy With 5% Body Fat #1, deep into a very detailed explanation of the game rules - Now here's the fun part.
Me - Oh, there's fun involved? :clap:

I did not make many new friends last weekend.

@ Archie. How was your run?

@ Matty. FOK those guys!!

These people are somehow able to do a 2-finger pull-up but they find squash too hard on their knees. And none of them can play ping pong or shoot pool worth a fok.

I'm just trying to find some common ground, I really am. Help me here. So you can run a big loop around your apartment. Okay. Okay.

Maker's Mark?

Frisbee is the common ground. I wish I could find someone to throw Frisbee with. Not Ultimate or Frisbee golf, just good old fashioned Frisbee. I have a bunch of cool discs too, including this one.

flas-350a.jpg

oh, I forgot about disc golf!!!!!

got into that as a form of approaching middle age recreation with the wife a few summers ago.

great way to enjoy a nice day in the park!

Good call MrQ. We did play some late-night Frisbee, with that exact same disc. The effect is pretty neat when someone curves it and you see the arc from the side.

someone ask me what my last score was on the technical college campus course on the south east side was

yes, I like somewhere to go when riding bike. Riding bicycle to the otb was my almost daily routine last summer. After which I'd ride down to downtown littleton for lunch etc. Looking forward to starting up that routine soon. :up:

A few times I rode to downtown Denver which is a long way, but then I realized I had little business there.

Arch I bet it was in the 95th percentile or better! High-five you fit fok!

I have had some night games with the LED disc. You get a headlamp, find a nice open flat field and go for it. All you need is the red light to be able to throw the disc towards. Just don't get too stupid about running too fast to catch it at night.

There have been times in my life when riding a bike with no "purpose" has been fun.

ie: In Vegas there is (was?) a company called Escape Adventures that would pick you up at your hotel and take you out to Red Rock Canyon.
They provided you with a decent Cannondale/Trek, water bottles and a guide.

There you would ride single track for 5 or 6 hours (with some breaks thrown in).

My favorite was the Three Mile Smile. After climbing for what was a painful amount of time, you got to enjoy a picturesque 3 mile descent.

Plommer, how many three mile smiles have you had in your years of hunting strange on the streets of Toronto's seedier neighborhoods?

40? 50?

I just typed this all on my phone. What a pain in the ass.

Me? I'm having some eggs.

You? You just do what you gotta do.

I'm in a bad place in my life. Tell me something happy, please?

Arch I bet it was in the 95th percentile or better! High-five you fit fok!

wouldn't know.

we never keep score

I got some happy stuff but it is all so self-centered. I'll go along with Mad Men and spring.