Random thoughts

As I recall, Palau was part of the "Coalition of the willing" back when Dubya was starting the Iraq shemozzle.

I remember he was trying to put some positive spin on it for public consumption - make it sound like the whole world was behind him - so he came up with that term - "Coalition of the Willing" - and there were like 40 countries - which sounded like something - but on closer inspection they were limited members who weren't going to actually do anything other than allow the USA to fly over their airspace or whatever - and it included the likes of Costa Rica and Palau.

In other words, he slipped Palau a few bucks to let him use their name.

So here's a question for y'all:

You're sitting on the toilet in a public John having shat. Okay. You're finishing up your business but then you hear someone come in to use the urinal.

Do you just exit the shitter as nature dictates - i.e. with no thought of the other person - even if it means you come out at the exact same time that pee-guy has finished up and you basically head over to the sink shoulder to shoulder.

Or do you make a point of letting him go ahead and use the sink then head out after?

Or wut?

Depends if he heard you shit or not and if the shit was really noisy or stinky.... With any luck you weren't groaning and shitting your brains out. If it was a noiseless, clean pinch, go for it and shoulder to shoulder up. I saw American Pie the other day and the 'shit' scene is hilarious.

01293-4.jpg

So this guy named Mike shares a family name with me and he thinks he owns my email address, so he gives it out to people and they email him (me) stuff, mostly related to business dealings, contractor invoices and such. This has been happening for years, maybe even a decade. For a while I thought it was just sophisticated spam, but the emails' content is always way too targeted and genuine.

Over the years, I've replied to those emails a bunch of times to tell people they had the wrong mrainville, to no avail.

I finally know who he is, 'cause today he forwarded himself (me) a photo he took with ex-Canadiens Kirk Muller.

I replied "Nice photo, thanks!" and I'm pretty positive that that'll fly right over his head.

Googling his work email address yields zero results, which in my world is highly unusual.

But it all makes sense now. All these facts contribute to the notion that Mike is just way out of his depth when it comes to operating a computer.

Good-looking man though. Great smile.

...and now this guy named Mark R. somewhere in Texas is giving out my email address too, so I'm getting his shit. He's having issues with his roof and is shopping for a contractor. One of the emails I got showed his house address and I was able to look it up on Street View and on Zillow. I can even see Mark on Street View. He's bald and he's a fucking idiot who does not know his own email address, just like Mike.

Old people. :facepalm:

BTW, one simple way to avoid this is to refrain from opening email accounts that are your first initial followed by your last name.

There was an XKCD comic about it, so I feel some relief knowing that that is a thing.

https://xkcd.com/1279/

reverse_identity_theft.png

I have to issue a mild objection. I don't like the blanket term old people.

I am an old person and I don't remotely have this issue and never would and I fart in the general direction of the people who do.

I prefer the term, old really stupid people.

It's like, reverse identity theft. Or like, identity giveaway.

I'd rather be a fat French Canadian than a bald computer boob from Texas.

Cut it out.

It's like, reverse identity theft. Or like, identity giveaway.

I'd rather be a fat French Canadian than a bald computer boob from Texas.

Cut it out.

Sorry. I've been passing your info along to every fat boob I meet.

Tella you dick! Expect a sternly-worded email from my, uh, legal team.

[video=youtube_share;UMax84cHZps]http://youtu.be/UMax84cHZps[/video]

Dumb Canadien. Try a working link.

Come back in here you bitch.

That kid is hardcore. I'm not messing with him.

That's right, walk away while you still can! Bye bye Tella!

11922908_10153561918005460_346458350_n.jpg

Tella you dick! Expect a sternly-worded email from my, uh, legal team.

[video=youtube_share;UMax84cHZps]http://youtu.be/UMax84cHZps[/video]

I do this after failed cold calls all the time.