random SPORTS thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 4,248 Comments
  • Views 266,999 Views
No, I'm with you. Trashy sport and product.

fan boys get angry when you tell them it's as fake as wrestling

Yeah not a fan either. Beach volleyball way better to watch, especially when they still had the sideout. Kent Steffes was the fucking bomb and he's on my Facebook as are Stokie and my boy Sinjin who invites me to some volleyball groups.

It's a volleyball thing for only good players, none of you would understand.

I remember when eggs was claiming to be Kent Steffes. Hot pink wife beater and all.

:lmao:

I could never really pull that off.

It's a volleyball thing for only good players, none of you would understand.

I just enjoy the scenery, no need to understand!

Beach-Volleyball-Bottoms-11-520x338.jpg

120802_London_Olympics_Beach_Volleyball_Women_x_4.jpg

My projections on UFC are not based on personal fandom but a combination of what I see - which sure feels like a downward trend in all-around interest - combined with future health issues.

The sport has a relatively short existence so far but I feel like at some point, word of serious concussions and people turning into veggies will surface and it will just be kinda unacceptable.

It's a theory.

The other point though is - and it seems weird to say it - but 4 billion bucks ain't the impossibly huge sum it used to be.

Football season has begun by the way. In case you didn't know.

Just the other day there was this no-look touchdown catch.

this is our legendary basketball coach Gomelsky being thrown in the air, after winning Olympics in 88 over the Americans.

this is what led to formation of Dream Team and what not. You can see young Sabonis there

Figura-7.jpg

Champions D'Europe

[WEBM]https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/jbfe.mp4[/WEBM]

lololol, what? They had prepared a bus?!?

we officially donate Fall out Boy to Canada after their Home Run Derby live performance.....

had bet on HR Derby so took it off of closed captions and my ears bled

I feel like there is an important lesson to be learned from the NBA.

It is a pointless league to most of it's franchise cities. Only 2 teams have a realistic chance to win - we know this before the season begins. Same is true most years. Sure sometimes the number gets up to 4 or 5 teams but the point is: the vast majority of fans should have nothing to cheer for, no compelling reason to watch.

Yet the league is so popular - as manifested by the new infusion of TV cash - that guise that averaged 6 ppg last year are getting $15 mil/year contracts.

I happen to have an excellent strategy to address the complete lack of competitiveness in the league - but why in the fuck would they want to change anything?

What is the lesson to be learned from the NBA exactly? I'm not sure. Something about whores and whorishness I think.

Maybe it's not all about winning the championship. Maybe it's ok to play some games have a good time and occasionally beat a better team.

More than okay, from the looks of it.

It is a pointless league to most of it's franchise cities.

Great point and sad but so true! Unless it's deep into the playoffs, don't watch the stuff! I would rip into hockey for a useless season with anybody making the playoffs having a chance to win the Cup, but before the NBA season starts you know only a few teams in reality have a chance at winning the title! Honestly these NBA guys more or less have the upper hand on picking between themselves who to play with! Not cool!