random MUSIC thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 515 Comments
  • Views 28,664 Views
Wow so OS is like the Alabama of Canada.

Which airport do I fly into?

Wow so OS is like the Alabama of Canada.

Which airport do I fly into?
Simple folk fo sho.

There's an airport here but I assume it's too small for commercial airliners. You have to fly into YYZ then trek 2+ hours north.

Someone just gave me $90+shipping for this.

You know you're getting old when your old junk is suddenly worth several multiples what you paid for it.

IMG_20201117_133327.jpg

IMG_20201117_133338.jpg

Wtf. Was mini disc before CD yet after cassette ??

It was after CD. It launched around the same time MP3 players became popular (just before the first iPod). Doomed format that was kinda neat. The Walkmans looked cool and they didn't skip like their CD counterparts.

That was great album for being garbage.

:beavisandbuttheadlaugh:

Don't fool yourself girl, it's going right up your poop chute. -Frank Zappa

Wilcox has been around a long time. I used to go see him at Spanky's in Brampton - using fake ID to get in.

It's been awhile since I needed fake ID to get in a bar.

So frikkin' good though, those shows.

Matty, I think “I’m laying pipe all night long”

means something different than you’re thinking.

Mathieu, you may be on the list.

The song starts at 3:24 and you need to listen for ~25 seconds to get to the bit I'm talking about.

It's a longstanding tradition to insert modernized, topical lyrics into Gilbert and Sullivan. This staging is from Stratford 1984 and if you keep listening there is a bunch more stuff about Canada at the time. Separatists etc.

Funny thing is, the original lyrics that have been replaced remind me of you too because they talk about the banjo serenader being on the list. I have seen evidence you might agree with that.

Mathieu, you may be on the list.

The song starts at 3:24 and you need to listen for ~25 seconds to get to the bit I'm talking about.

lololol, the hand motions and the eyerolling

I wish I could do 15s. Not even close.

I like jazz and soul and blues, I know the big names and the popular songs but I've never gotten truly into it, I know there's ton of great stuff out there, feels like I'm missing out but at the same time excited there's so much to discover