random MUSIC thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 515 Comments
  • Views 28,744 Views
Thing is, I kinda like Duran Duran. I shouldn't. When they were at their peak, I sure pretended not to. Super-cool people of my cool ilk liked cool stuff, not top 40 pop with pretty boys.

But sometimes - like just now - I hear a Duran Duran tune - I just heard Notorious - and I find myself really liking it. And it's not just one song. There are a bunch. Like I wouldn't just say they are a band with some stuff I like; I think I'd have to say I like Duran Duran.

:dunno:

FB_IMG_1591467009922.jpg

I always thought I disliked Iron Maiden. Now I realize I love almost all their shit. Lets go witrh

I always thought I disliked Iron Maiden. Now I realize I love almost all their shit.
Yes, same here. When I'm in the mood I crank it as loud as it possibly can go on my speakers and rock out to some MAIDEN!
:bitcoin:

I love this stuff but wonder if I will still ROCK if/when I'm 70.

80's music was great. I do vividly remember this song from 1984.

I don't always listen to maiden. But when I do...so does my whole street

:laugh:
In the 80's I had a t- shirt, Seventh Son of the Seventh Son. Never listened to it, now realize it's a great tune

I just discovered Boards of Canada a few days ago. It's one of those immediate musical connections. Been listening to Music Has The Right To Children (1998) on a loop. I don't listen to a lot of electronic music but this totally in my wheelhouse.

It's Boards of Canada inside my head, pretty much at all times.

I feel like Ninja and Yo-Landi must've been influenced by them when they were The Constructus Corporation.

Makes me want to make an album of trippy instrumental music.

I just discovered Boards of Canada a few days ago. It's one of those immediate musical connections. Been listening to Music Has The Right To Children (1998) on a loop. I don't listen to a lot of electronic music but this totally in my wheelhouse.

It's Boards of Canada inside my head, pretty much at all times.

I feel like Ninja and Yo-Landi must've been influenced by them when they were The Constructus Corporation.

Makes me want to make an album of trippy instrumental music.

I purchased Satellite Anthem Icarus years ago on iTunes. I have it in my Space Out playlist I made.

Love the textures and the natural-sounding drums. Guessing they like to sample live drums, it rarely sounds like pure synthesis.

There's obviously a ton of work that go into crafting these tunes. Very impressed.

Gaye intervened in a fight between his parents on the afternoon of April 1, 1984 in the family house in the West Adams district of Los Angeles, and he became involved in a physical altercation with his father Marvin Gay Sr. Gay Sr. shot Gaye twice, once in the chest, piercing his heart, and then into Gaye’s shoulder. The shooting took place in Gaye's bedroom at 12:38 p.m. The first shot proved fatal. Gaye was pronounced dead at 1:01 p.m. after his body arrived at California Hospital Medical Center, one day short of his 45th birthday.