random MUSIC thoughts

• Start date
  • Replies 515 Comments
  • Views 28,680 Views
All these years I've been singing Great Green Gobs of Greasy Grimy Gopher Guts wrong.

I always had the last line as I forget my spoon.

But now I learn it's supposed to be And me without my spoon

Thrown for a loop, me.

Well look at this sh*t, it's about time. I called it - not a tough call. Cage #1 and T0P #2.

It's kind of a shame because T0P DOES deserve the#1 spot for a few weeks with Chlorine - a legit chill awesome song, but with Cage already rocking the #1 spot with Ready to Let Go weeks before Social Cues (out today, and QUITE excellent) even came out - yeah good luck with that. Ready will stay at the #1 spot with the release of the new album as Chlorine fades. Kind of a shame actually, I do think Chlorine is better - but Cage is HUGH. T0P is also HUGH, but Cage is HUGHer.

At least they both took Panic out.

Too bad Billie Elish, whom I'll probably never listen to, is flying up the chart and is going to take them both down.

If anyone has any questions about upcoming alternative music trends, text it.

I like Billie. Your other ghey-ass soft-rock shit, not so much.

Oh come on man, everyone loves Cage.

To each his own.

I'll give Billie a look, you nailed it with Sonic Youth.

Cage is a great band. “Cigarette Daydream” will be remembered by the world. 21 Pilots, eh, they clearly have a target audience and I’m not them.

I'm not sure I've ever knowing listened to Cage, will check em out. Just wary of Kings of Leon fans in general.

I do agree that KOL has really softened up since they got big. All the true fans love their old shit - and they hate to hear that. They're all happy, with families and married to models now - what do you expect - the angst is gone.

If you are going to check out Cage, I think as an advanced musician you would probably appreciate Alternative album of the year winning Tell Me I'm Pretty the most which I love, but my favorite is the rockus self titled 2008 album.

It would be slightly weird to think very highly of Weezers Blue album AND hate Cage The Elephants songs “Come A Little Closer” and “Cigarette Daydream”.

I did listen to Social Cues and sorry to say that it does not hold a candle to any of their prior efforts.

Good introspective soft rock, and still better then 99.99% of the crap people are putting out these days.

7.8 Maxipads (rest of their albums are all in the 9's)

It would be slightly weird to think very highly of Weezers Blue album AND hate Cage The Elephants songs “Come A Little Closer” and “Cigarette Daydream”.

To me, a big appeal of the Blue Album is the massive wall of guitars. It was a very unique sound at the time. I'm not hearing much of a "signature" in Cage's sound. I don't hate it, it's perfectly enjoyable pop/rock, but it's kinda forgettable. 🤷‍♂️

Matt Shultz: Looks like Matty from Gamelive doesn't think we're original, edgy or memorable enough to intrigue him
Caleb Followill: He might be right. How is your Grammy?
Shultz: Sititng their collecting dust, yours?
Followill: Same, have a good one man
Shultz: you as well

I find it remarkable how dancing is forbidden can sound just like dance finger puppets - if done in just the right way

:handshake:

Machu, what do you think of this song man. Only asking out of respect.

If not for you I get it, but I think that is unbelievable man.

I have had the theme song from Game of Thrones stuck in my head for about a week now. I like the music - it's pretty good - but a week?

It's a bit much.

Heard these guys do this version in New Orleans a couple years ago. It is a good song.