• Replies 57 Comments
  • Views 3,484 Views

bacon

Banned
Since
Jun 25, 2012
Score
Tokens
The falls the wounds that could have been much worse if I wasn't lucky as shit or could be dead. The broken things. The fighting. We can cruise with beer and nothing bad happens but no more hard stuff hear. No more of it. We're doing this thing. Get some.

Open to any tips, FW had some cool things to say in chat much which are much appreciated man. GL us. :guitar:

:down: I like it when liquored-up bacon hits me up on FB. We've been having deep, meaningful conversations.

:stevie:

I don't know if that strategy ever works. Certainly, based on myself and a hundred people I have listened to who tried it, it fails a whole lot and things end up right where they were.

But I suppose it is theoretically possible. :dunno:

Just saying quitting the hard stuff doesn't allow you to drink more beer. One shot = one beer.

Appreciate the kind words

Matty - :facepalm:

You're a good dude

OP let me be blunt...

Your kidding yourself right and this thread is a bi-annual april fools joke??

There is no in-between here pal. Either cold turkey this shit or keep going around in circles...

Pretty simple. Its where adversity meets the strength of your character head on.

But don't fear because if you want it bad enough then your focus and discipline will outweigh any outside influences.

Write down the reasons why your wanting to do this and hang them up on the fridge, the wall in your toilet, next to your bed head. Just somewhere where you can reinforce your reasoning during moments of weakness...

Your head is the greatest instrument you'll ever own. Look after it and it will look after you...GL sir

Bacon, I like the plan! With Beer IMO there's less of that abrupt fall into complete drunkenness that comes with hard liquor! Plus with me less bothersome physically on my body! Plus not as fast of an intake drinking beer cause it will make you feel bloated easier than hard liquor!

Just don't go Total Wally on us unless that is what is required! Hopefully you can control the volume! Good luck and always wish you and Cami the best!

getting out to do some active shit like walking/running/working out etc. will help ease you into a lifestyle with less drinking... anything that helps motivate you is good... and once you see some results from the activity, it makes it even easier to lay off the bottle... gl :highfive:

First question: are you a hard-core alcoholic? Do you shake if you stop drinking for two days, or stay drunk days at a time? If yes, get a doctor or psychiatrist (the ones that give drugs) to help you. If no, you can probably self-help if you have the desire.

Switching from liquor (or wine) to beer is a positive step. There are lots of other things that work too if you're serious about drinking less. Everything above. Set a happy hour -- quit drinking after 11pm.

troll bait, welcome to gamelive. Enjoy your stay.

First question: are you a hard-core alcoholic? Do you shake if you stop drinking for two days, or stay drunk days at a time? If yes, get a doctor or psychiatrist (the ones that give drugs) to help you. If no, you can probably self-help if you have the desire.

Switching from liquor (or wine) to beer is a positive step. There are lots of other things that work too if you're serious about drinking less. Everything above. Set a happy hour -- quit drinking after 11pm.

No advice I can offer that hasn't already been offered, but I am rooting for you both. Maybe make a nightly thread and check in to keep yourself accountable. The more people that you tell about your desire to quit/cutdown, the more incentive you will have to stay the path.

edit: I am not sure why I quoted TB, but I think I was going to affirm that much of the best route for you depends on the answers to the questions that he posed.

Set a happy hour -- quit drinking after 11pm.

That made me laugh but for educational purposes, it's not a bad idea.

As many people as I know who tried the just-drink-beer approach (or just do one particular drug, or never mix this with that, or never drink alone, or WHATEVER bargain) - the idea of quit drinking at a certain time is the most doomed to failure I can think of.

I mean there are people who can do it - obviously - but they generally aren't the people who end up in this position.

If you want to say don't start till a certain time, that has a chance. Like any of the bargaining strategies, any success will probably be short term but it's not impossible. But the idea of stopping after you have started . . . all I can say is try it and see if you learn something about yourself.

Its not bad to take a break or slow down on things. It may not be permanent but there is still benefit imo

I haven't had a drink since last Wednesday night when I order a nice 750ml of a beer for Ausburg Germany. It cost me $13.

I haven't had a drink since last Wednesday night when I order a nice 750ml of a beer for Ausburg Germany. It cost me $13.

Will answer questions get more in depth later but many good points and tips here, I really didn't know just going to beer was such a cliche. We had talked about the working out RR she's been doing it when I'm 100% healed up there's a gym down the street. We will be updating in this thread. I guess like many here said it is right now more about slowing down than anything and so we see where that goes. You is good people :cheers: