• Start date
  • Replies 19 Comments
  • Views 1,666 Views

xpansive

Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
This is virtue signalling at it's best...

Yeah it sounds good but for those that have had to suffer the unfortunacy of using them, you know what they taste like. Sucking on a lead pencil is what i did when i was 5 years old, not 30 years down the line...

This all started because of the survey of a 9yo boy, whose statistics were later admitted as fake https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...verified-statistic-500-million-day/750563002/

They also require more carbon and electricity to produce than the plastic option and unlike plastic straws also cant be recycled.

Reusable bags also have a lot worse impact on the environment than a plastic bag. In order for a reuseable bag to be of environmental benefit you'd have to reuse it 20000 times https://qz.com/co/2364023/your-cotton-tote-is-pretty-much-the-worst-replacement-for-a-plastic-bag/

So yeah, if you really want to use something that's beneficial to the environment then go the bamboo route..

We use paper straws at work and I cannot stand them. Truly make my job harder. How you may ask? The paper wrapping on the paper straws is hard to take off in one fluid motion cutting into my rather fastidious drink making time.

We use paper straws at work and I cannot stand them. Truly make my job harder. How you may ask? The paper wrapping on the paper straws is hard to take off in one fluid motion cutting into my rather fastidious drink making time.
All of the above AND they effect the taste and texture of your drink (and not in a good way either).

I get that the idea for wanting to do good is there, but when looking at plastic it really is a inferior product at almost any level you look at it...

In California we are forced to pay 10 cents for all plastic bags.

who really needs straws anyway, if you're dining in just drink from the cup

pussy ass niggas sipping their gallon of soda

Eh, straws are needed for drinks with ice imo. We never had straws because in Russia nobody used ice. I like paper straws and I'm ok with the other straws. I hate when they expect you to use plastic straws as stirrers for hot drinks :dunno:

Except a whiskey on the rocks, somehow you want to fart around with ice hitting your teeth in that scenario. :thinking:

Is anyone else just hysterically laughing @ anyone using the expression "virtue signaling"?

I don't know what it is... but I suspect using the expression is itself virtue signaling.

Is anyone else just hysterically laughing @ anyone using the expression "virtue signaling"?

I didn’t laugh hysterically but I eye rolled so hard that I think I tore a pupil thingy.......

I get the sense that people who use phrases like virtue signaling also use words like “cuck” and “snowflake” and “beta” several times a day.

who else didn't even know there were paper straws? :wah:

I feel so third world ignorant :square:

I didn’t laugh hysterically but I eye rolled so hard that I think I tore a pupil thingy.......

I get the sense that people who use phrases like virtue signaling also use words like “cuck” and “snowflake” and “beta” several times a day.
:lol: you are such a prick tron. Beta does throw me off a little

No straw is the new paper straw. Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto provides no lids for drinking cups, and no straws. :handshake: #savetheturtles #progress #inspirational #blessed

The level of pseudo moralist grand standing in this thread has me :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

The irony XPY, is i want to yell "SPEAK ENGLISH FORIEGNER" or "GO BACK TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY" at you.

But I don't want to make your dick hard.