P-Roids Question and Answer: Durito 500

I heard you the first time Coug's.

Wonder why the double posting crap continues, we have spent enough down time to fix it.

Wally, I didn't read much of the thread but congratulations man. That is really impressive.

I do want to say, with baseball ERA should not be given too much credence. Baseball is a very streaky sport. When you are analyzing pitchers, pay closer attention to GB/FO ratios and whip...especially over the last 3-5 games. I usually focused on totals in baseball, and these were way more crucial to me than ERA.

Good luck going forward Wakky!

I use whip mainly and play mainly totals also. Easier fading a tired bullpen in the long run for me.

I did look a lot at it, great job. I didn't want to comment much in a contest thread.

so wally is a hockey guru?

Not even close. Beginners lucj no doubt. I honestly thought I had more plays then I did. Course I thought I won more college hoops than I did as well. About the only thing I knew for sure was bad was MLB. Oh and NBA but I already knew I suck at that.

College Hoops 128-114 +$385 (In my head I thought I did better than this)

NHL 30-16 +$1333 ( I thought I did way more hockey than this)

NBA 2-5 -$312

PGA 1-0 +$68

MLB 109-102 -$130

So that is your final record rather than what is in your sig? I'll start on the write up tomorrow, be prepared for mentions of coin flips.

So that is your final record rather than what is in your sig? I'll start on the write up tomorrow, be prepared for mentions of coin flips.

P-Roid by the time I was done going back over every play in the thread my eyes weren't working so well. The Durito Record and what I went back and re-did don't match up so I'm not sure where the mistake is.

You can call me a coinflipper all you want because the results (either one of them) prove that to be the case but I came up heads enough times to win so I'm content.

I"M UNDEFEATED IN PGA THOUGH!

P-Roid by the time I was done going back over every play in the thread my eyes weren't working so well. The Durito Record and what I went back and re-did don't match up so I'm not sure where the mistake is.

I'll just go with the breakdown you posted then (since a breakdown for individual sports is nice).

You can call me a coinflipper all you want because the results (either one of them) prove that to be the case but I came up heads enough times to win so I'm content.

No, I'm not calling you a coinflipper but when you assess a challenge like this then the base mark is someone who flips a coin (or who will hit 50% lifetime). You did a good job, most gamblers lose in the long term - you made 500 plays and showed a profit. Not many gamblers (aside from breader of course) can pull that off.

I wasn't taking offense P-Roid. It kind of was coinflipping. I mean I only finnished 30 games over .500. When you break the sports down I was 52% in college hoops, 65 % in hockey (seriously small sample though and 51% in baseball.

The ONLY reason I showed a profit margin as high as I did was because along the way I had some decent success of hitting +money plays in both hockey and baseball and a couple in hoops.

I basically was no better than a successful coinflipper this go round. If I did it again chances are I would lose by the same margin.

Hey P-Roid, if you could, forward my email addy (the one I posted for Plommer) to Durito. I saw you deleted it in favor of a smilie so I guess I violated the Cali rule.

this is why i like you wal

i am really proud of you and for you

I use whip mainly and play mainly totals also. Easier fading a tired bullpen in the long run for me.

I don't even glance at bullpen. I look for unders more than anything. Give me two pitchers who are keeping the ball down and not allowing many baserunners. and I'll take my chances on an under.

I don't even glance at bullpen. I look for unders more than anything. Give me two pitchers who are keeping the ball down and not allowing many baserunners. and I'll take my chances on an under.

Cleanup Hitter does have a ranking for bullpens and bad bullpens (Cubs) will always be overworked and just plain bad. I look for the 3-5 worst and the 3-5 best and go from there. I will take two studs and play 5-inning unders a lot.

i'm so proud of wal I've cried a few times.... thinking about it