Ordering a laptop online

• Start date
  • Replies 71 Comments
  • Views 4,277 Views
Macbook, refurbished from Amazon. Cheaper than new and I've used it for 5 years with zero issues and I have all my big music files on there and everything. It's great. Is it possible I got lucky on that purchase? Yeah. So if you go new I wouldn't blame you. I just can't go back to PCs personally, always had problems with them.

Cougs, God Bless pal I bought a used one. All good.

You know a guy's a lifelong Mac guy when he still calls the other side "PC".

Yo Cougs.

Great to hear from you CB! How's is it in your area of Illinois with this mess?

What's up GL peeps, yeah I admit it, truly. Death to PCs Matty. Will call 'em that to my grave.
Illinois is pretty safe actually. 150,000 people in the immediate area and there are like 9 or 10 reported cases. I've really enjoyed Quarantine actually, especially as it pertains to work. I can get so much more done on all my side projects this way. Tron once I have the final mixes for my most recent track "Levels" I'll post it here, it's being done by Stuart Epps. You may have heard of him.

You know a guy's a lifelong Mac guy when he still calls the other side "PC".

Matty, just like me if haven't had any issues with a product why change? If you have change? CB changed! Once again, I'm a LOYAL consumer and unless enough money saved (everyone has their number), not changing! When we were younger did too much ON THE CHEAP buying and enough times came back to haunt us! Good for anyone who has luck with a "PC"! Matty, see what I did there, luck! ;)

I don't mind Macs at all, I've had a few at the beginning of the MacOS X era. Just saying, it's the same hardware these days. You can run Windows on a Mac and vice versa.

Nice album cover Cougs 🤘 Will give it a listen on the ol' Spotify today.

Thanks Matty - the new Levels mix though is not on Spotify - that one will be an entirely new song pretty much. Stuart contacted me and really liked it. It will be a version of this track, he is basically completely redoing the chorus and adding some other elements to make it bigger:

I just bought a Lenovo yoga on a "black Friday deal". Wife is going to get a new MacBook air, anyone know if they ever have black Friday prices or if there's anywhere else to get a good deal on a Mac?

I just bought a Lenovo yoga on a "black Friday deal". Wife is going to get a new MacBook air, anyone know if they ever have black Friday prices or if there's anywhere else to get a good deal on a Mac?
Why does a loaded guy such as yourself require a sale price? Pal is everything ok?

The vast majority of people I know who have a lot of money are realllllllyyyyyyy careful about how they spend money. I’m talking even if it’s ordering an entree.

Agree with you @Tron with the caveat that it applies more to people that earned it and less to those that had a windfall (e.g. inheritance, got lucky).

Agree with you @Tron with the caveat that it applies more to people that earned it and less to those that had a windfall (e.g. inheritance, got lucky).

I don't know. I think we're all programmed with a certain level of er, squirrelliness, for lack of a better term. I remember a classmate in high school who had saved up $20k at age 16. I was and am still a bit incredulous, but some people are just allergic to spending money. I wish I was. 😆

I stole the guy's girlfriend BTW.

I remember my brother also had an ex who kept $70k in her checking account.

These people are deathly afraid to run out of money. It's a pathological relationship to money that looks good to the outside world.

I have a sister in law who does this shit. 100k in her checking, won't fund a retirement account but keeps 6 figs at the ready. Then when you buy some event tickets or dinner or some shit she pulls crap like, "can I pay you the $60 I owe you next Friday when I get paid?" WTF is that?!?