• Replies 20 Comments
  • Views 2,083 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
It has always annoyed me when baseball announcers start the old "tying run is on deck" shit during the game.

For example, St Louis is down by 2 in the bottom of the 8th and the leadoff guy is facing a 3-2 count and they start with the "if he walks the tying run will be at the plate" nonsense.

It annoys me that they aren't consistent.

In the top of the first with a leadoff walk they don't refer to the base runner as the go ahead run.

It's stuff like this that pisses me off.

Also, when they say that was a "real good" pitch. That is improper, the correct wording is "very good".

Dumbericans.

common.

Nothing is more annoying than Tim McCarver, he played for the Expos so he's practically Canadian.

Polaroid, I don't like the anti-Canadian sentiment I'm getting from you here pal.

Plus, I am Italian.

Cardinals are beloved by the networks, they are biased. Your complaints fell on deaf ears in the announcing community.

i would rather they tell me the tying run is on deck when the situation arises. it's a real good, er, very good thing when the announcers are discussing the actual game on the field instead of wasting my time with the other crap they talk about in these games.

dumbdagos.

common.

Bee, did you like a couple days ago when the chubby bat bay took the hitters bat after a foul by accident and had to run back out to give it to him and francona said something like 'if he has to run out a couple more times, he might pass out!"

:lol:

Baseball's weird this year.

No Sox, Tanks, no dreamteam Phils.

Not even Tiny Tim.

W

T

F happened?!

Listening to baseball commentary on TV is very boring. They have to describe the same thing over and over 250-300 times a game. "The pitcher puts the ball in his glove..he transfers it to his hand..he stretches..he throws..he swings..he misses..lets do this again.."

was glad the radio guys pointed out to me when I was driving in traffic that the Tigers hit for a natural cycle in order that one inning. I missed and at bat while I was under and over-pass and the reception was out for like a min...

Listening to baseball commentary on TV is very boring. They have to describe the same thing over and over 250-300 times a game. "The pitcher puts the ball in his glove..he transfers it to his hand..he stretches..he throws..he swings..he misses..lets do this again.."

Exactly!

I swear I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than have to listen to Vince Cully do the Dodgers play by play.

Exactly!

I swear I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than have to listen to Vince Cully do the Dodgers play by play.

I know where you are coming from. There is no flaw and cohesiveness in the commentary. I loved the Thrashers announcers because they were doing the game the same way I am used to listening soccer on the radio. Baseball is a different animal because every 2 seconds of action there are 30 seconds of no action.

6755154.jpg

Pavy you can hear the Thrashers on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg.

http://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg/

Bee, did you like a couple days ago when the chubby bat bay took the hitters bat after a foul by accident and had to run back out to give it to him and francona said something like 'if he has to run out a couple more times, he might pass out!"

:lol:
i listened to a little bit of the two games that francona did, but missed that part. it's just reflexive on my part to hit mute whenever i'm watching fox.

I find it very difficult listening to games I have action on, especially if my play is losing.

i think about any play i might have part of the time, plommer, and keep track of what's happening with the totals during most games whether i bet it or not. but i've been pretty lucky along the way to have retained my fan interest when i'm watching the actual games. either way, most of the tv broadcasts are crap. think it helps to not listen to the announcers on the tube as far as enjoying the game. it will force you at least to pay attention, if you can see the picture there shouldn't really be any need to have joe buck tell you what's happening (or delivering a fox advert instead).