• Replies 19 Comments
  • Views 1,627 Views

Mudcat

yap
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
These are bets that are a different criteria than sigplays but I still feel like saying them out loud.

Okay, for starters:

Tampa Bay Lightning to win the Stanley Cup +216

And I have to do it. Boston Bruins to defeat the Toronto Maple Leafs in their first round series.

I hope I lose but I watch this Leafs team and they don't look ready to win anything. I hope that changes over the coming years but right now? I see value in the line.

So that's BOS -140 (to win series)

I don't know who they're playing yet. I don't anticipate any wonky kind of line though. They'll be pretty big favorites - and I won't want to play it due to emotional residue of past playoff failures.

I just hope they're really good.

Odds to win Masters
Tommy Fleetwood +2800

Some intriguing prospects in this years field.

Think I'll lob in a non-sig bet on the Golden State Warriors to win the NBA championship.

PInnacle not offering a line at the moment. I'm seeing -220 elsewhere so I'll go with that.

Bovada -225 and Houston is +1100.

Houston offers tremendous value, imo. They HAD them last year.

Like last year, Columbus has gone up 2-0 in a first round series.

(Last year, they then lost the next 4.)

This reminds me of the very first bet I ever made.

It was the 1980 Stanley Cup playoffs. In the 2nd round the Habs were up against the Minnesota North Stars.

The Habs were significant favorites having won the last 4 Cups. We're talking Lafleur, Shutt, Robinson, Gainey, Serge Savard . . .

The North Stars surprised the world by winning the first 2 games. So I made a wager with fellow high-schooler Bob Drago (whose nickname was Wig) that the Habs would come back and win.

5 dollors.

And the Habs won the next 3 games!!!

But then the North Stars won the next two for a 4-3 series victory. The dynasty was over. Goodbye 5 dollors!

Damn you Bobby Smith!

iu