NHL Trade Rumors

• Start date
  • Replies 29 Comments
  • Views 2,496 Views
Thanks Dave. Keep the thread posted if you hear anything.

Will do! I try not to get too involved in rumors as they are usually very off base... but, it's always fun to speculate. If I hear anything realistic-sounding I'll certainly pitch in.

Reports are that Steve Ott has signed a 4 year extension with the Stars.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=311998

Wow I am really surprised he ended up signing for less than 3 mill a year. He must really have wanted to stay in Dallas because he would have gotten more on the open market, quite the hometown discount.

Jordan Leopold is a Penguin.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=311999

What a horrible trade for Pittsburgh. Giving up a 2nd for Leopold when they could have had Ponikarovsky for a 2nd and a prospect is just silly. What was Shero thinking? Do they even need a Dman?

Amby, you must be pissed big time.

Ya know, I didn't like this move at first but the more I look at it...the more it doesn't bother me. Do i think they overpaid...a little but Defense has been an issue with this team for years. Even last year when they wont the cup it took Orpik playing out of his gorde to get it done. Defense has been weak and constantly injured. I think the biggest reason that they picked him up was his playoff experience...with almost 50 playoff games under his belt he is used to the toughness and grit that is needed in the playoffs.

I don't know Amby. A 2nd is pretty steep for his level of talent. I think they could have done better, but salary cap is always an issue when making trades.

Ethan Moreau to the Kings is a rumor heating up... exactly the type of player I'd expect us to go after. Solid 3rd/4th liner with playoff experience on the books for 2M.

Think Purcell/Parse/Ivanans + 4th.

Artyhukin for Oystrick. Pretty weak trade.

Atlanta Thrashers sign Chris Chelios.

WOW!!!

Poni to the Pens for Caputi and Skoula.

I hate this deal. Leafs should have gotten a pick along with the prospect. Iknow why they took on Skoula, but that deal doesn't sit well with me.