• Replies 29 Comments
  • Views 2,497 Views

PuckOff

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
OK Puckheads, post yoru trade rumors.

I am hearing Ponikarovsky to the Pens for a 2nd and Tangradi.

Pens always seems to make smart moves near the deadline in years they are competitive

Not sure that Contract discussions are going well with Ott and the Stars. If something doesn't get done by Late tomorrow expect him to be traded somewhere to a contender.

Pucky, I have to get into this now with my Flyers! You probably know this anyway but Pronger has really played well below expectations? It seems every time we get an aging veteran, they lose it when they join the FlyBoys! I hope he steps it up. Probably though with subpar gaoltending were screwed? What's your take on their chances?:popcorn:

What are you talking about Amby?

Steve Ott (winger for the Dallas Stars) is trying to get an extension done on his deal. He is looking for something in the neighborhood of 4 million a year but it is unclear if Dallas wants to pay that. They know that if they can't get that contract done he will likely walk at the end of the season so it looks like they will likely try to trade him before that happens.

Just saw your post in the other thread Pucky, let's hope they get a goalie!

Pucky, I have to get into this now with my Flyers! You probably know this anyway but Pronger has really played well below expectations? It seems every time we get an aging veteran, they lose it when they join the FlyBoys! I hope he steps it up. Probably though with subpar gaoltending were screwed? What's your take on their chances?:popcorn:

MOnkey,

I think if they get a bona fide #1 goalie then they will have a chance to go fairly deep in the playoffs. Pronger will be much better for you guys down the stretch for sure, but man you guys gave up a lot for an aging veteran Dman. This deal makes the Kessel deal my Leafs puuled off look like a steal.

Steve Ott (winger for the Dallas Stars) is trying to get an extension done on his deal. He is looking for something in the neighborhood of 4 million a year but it is unclear if Dallas wants to pay that. They know that if they can't get that contract done he will likely walk at the end of the season so it looks like they will likely try to trade him before that happens.

Hey Amby, reports up here in Hockey country are he is looking for $3 Mil/yrl and Dallas are shopping him. To me, $3 Mil/yrl sounds right for this type of player. What do you think?

Just saw your post in the other thread Pucky, let's hope they get a goalie!

MOnkey, they'd be crazy to go into the playoffs with Leighton as their starter so look at them shopping one of their younger stud forwards. It's hard to believe they'd trade Giroux or JVR though so it should get interesting.

Hey Amby, reports up here in Hockey country are he is looking for $3 Mil/yrl and Dallas are shopping him. To me, $3 Mil/yrl sounds right for this type of player. What do you think?

Yeah definitely worth $3 Mil a year....that is definitely what the market is saying for people with similar skill sets. I think put on a better team with some good chemistry he would look even better. He has been stuck on an aging Stars team with no real direction....

Yeah I agree Amby. I actually find it strange they woudl shop him even at a $3.5 Mill/year. He's a shit disturber, but he's a real good shit disturber.

Jordan Leopold is a Penguin.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=311999

What a horrible trade for Pittsburgh. Giving up a 2nd for Leopold when they could have had Ponikarovsky for a 2nd and a prospect is just silly. What was Shero thinking? Do they even need a Dman?

Amby, you must be pissed big time.

Matt Stajan has agreed to terms with Calgary Flames on four-yr extension worth about $3.5 million per yr. Was going to be UFA on July 1.

This is just sickening. $3.5 mill/yr for Stajan. Holy Fuck!!!

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312012

I, like Blitty, am a semi pro hockey player and am better than Stajan. I need to go yell at my agent.

Jordan Leopold is a Penguin.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=311999

What a horrible trade for Pittsburgh. Giving up a 2nd for Leopold when they could have had Ponikarovsky for a 2nd and a prospect is just silly. What was Shero thinking? Do they even need a Dman?

Amby, you must be pissed big time.

This is a bit of an overreaction. Nothing wrong with adding a serviceable d-man for the stretch-run. You can never have too much depth at D, especially this time of year.

This is a bit of an overreaction. Nothing wrong with adding a serviceable d-man for the stretch-run. You can never have too much depth at D, especially this time of year.

For a 2nd rnd pick though Dave???

Good to see you come out of hiding. :)

Anyways, I am also hearing Poni could be dealt to yoru Kings for littel brother Schenn. HAve you heard anything out yoru way? Fill us in if you have any dirt.

For a 2nd rnd pick though Dave???

Good to see you come out of hiding. :)

Anyways, I am also hearing Poni could be dealt to yoru Kings for littel brother Schenn. HAve you heard anything out yoru way? Fill us in if you have any dirt.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Lombardi would be stupid enough to trade Schenn for a rental. If he were, Kovalchuk would be wearing purple and silver right now.

I'll give you the real dirt on the Kings; they will have a very quiet deadline. Rumor mills adore sending people to and from the Kings, since they have cap space and they are a big market team... but Lombardi is not going to shake things up with the way this nucleus is playing.

Biggest move you'll possibly see is Poni or Whitney to the Kings... but it won't be for anything more than a 2nd rounder and, say, Teddy Purcell/Scott Parse.

More likely, you'll see the Kings grab a backup goaltender and/or 3rd liner type for a low pick/prospect.

Expect the Kings to stay put at the deadline.

As for Leopold, a LATE 2nd round pick (likely around 55-60) for a solid d-man with playoff experience? Sure. Not super sexy, but not anything amby should be "pissed big time" over.