NHL 2019-20 is underway

• Start date
  • Replies 141 Comments
  • Views 8,835 Views
Haha, I heard he was a prankster during his playing days.

I like him, and I actually think he's doing a good job considering what he has to work with. His trades have been largely positive for the team.

The reality is, most quality UFAs would rather play in a lower-profile, warmer, less taxed locale.

The other reality is, the team is going nowhere and the owner will run out of patience as soon as Bell Centre stops selling out regularly.

Scapegoat city.

You think in that market it would stop selling out?

Doesn’t seem like that would ever happen in TO.

Has there been a shift, whereas TO is the bigger hockey city, or is that the way it’s always been?

Bell Centre has already stopped selling out. TO is a different animal, lots more corporate season tix holders. There's just more people and money here, and the arena has 2.5k fewer seats (18,800 in TO vs 21,273 in MTL).

Looks like cancelled hockey too. Who needs deadly virus when everybody gonna bury themselves before virus has a chance?

This is gonna turn into a major economic catastrophe. Forget about the mortality rate, it's all a matter of bandwidth. Too much pressure on the healthcare system and essential services is gonna paralyze everything else.

We just need to slow this shit down. Transmission rate is way too high.

So you mean they trying to drag it out so it doesn't hit the hospital all at once?

Went to sleep looking forward to Arizona/Flyers games.

Instead wake up in a Stephen King novel.

In the 1919 Stanley Cup championship, no champion was declared; the series was canceled after five games had been played due to an outbreak of Spanish flu.

Did Canada start virus just to prevent Ovechkin from breaking Wayne’s record? 🤔

2020 Stanley Cup odds (via William Hill)
Boston Bruins 11-2
Vegas Golden Knights 11-2
Tampa Bay Lightning 6-1
St. Louis Blues 8-1
Washington Capitals 8-1
Colorado Avalanche 17-2
Philadelphia Flyers 12-1
Dallas Stars 15-1
Pittsburgh Penguins 15-1
Edmonton Oilers 25-1
Nashville Predators 25-1
Toronto Maple Leafs 25-1
Calgary Flames 30-1
Arizona Coyotes 50-1
Carolina Hurricanes 50-1
Vancouver Canucks 50-1
Winnipeg Jets 50-1
Columbus Blue Jackets 75-1
Florida Panthers 75-1
Minnesota Wild 75-1
New York Islanders 75-1
New York Rangers 75-1
Chicago Blackhawks 100-1
Montreal Canadiens 100-1

Might as well call this a shootout for the Cup! Everybody really has a shot at it!
1590864911862.png

Auston Matthews test Positive for COVID 19.

He’s Quarantined at home in AZ.

NHL is back, babbbbbyyyyyyyy

August 1st

I’ll be betting Puck Lines in Vegas August 1

I'm not sure what to expect. Maybe the previously shit teams will be the better ones now